We can still win the league

Still think it's very unlikely. We have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags pretty much in a row while also juggling the Champs League games and maybe advancing further into the FA cup. Just too much to do.

I think we can do it, but like others have said, no Champions League distraction is a massive bonus for Chelsea. If both of us were playing Champions League and FA cup I would be feeling pretty confident right now, instead I am just hopeful.

Edit: just realised that Chelsea's next PL game is at home to the inform Swansea. If they drop points there and don't take the chance to restore the gap between us with us not playing that weekend I might switch to confident!

Unfortunately it's not going to happen. Chelsea might slip up between now and the end of the season, but our issue is that we're too inconsistent. Between the FA cup and two huge games against Monaco I can't see us winning enough games to catch them. Hope I'm wrong, but we should be happy finishing in the top three and hopefully winning either the FA cup or getting far in the Champions League.

8 points really isn't much. Two losses es in a row or two draws it gets uncomfortable for them.

The problem is that somebody has to actually play well against them, which doesn't happen very often. Burnley did & got the reward. Most are just falling for the same trick.

Also, all the top 6 teams including Chelsea, are likely to drop points, so Chelsea likely need an extra fuck up or two on top of a couple of bad results.

But it is definitely possible, as you say. Lose one, draw one & the pressure is immense, provided other teams win a few at the same time.

The problem is that somebody has to actually play well against them, which doesn't happen very often. Burnley did & got the reward. Most are just falling for the same trick.

Also, all the top 6 teams including Chelsea, are likely to drop points, so Chelsea likely need an extra fuck up or two on top of a couple of bad results.

But it is definitely possible, as you say. Lose one, draw one & the pressure is immense, provided other teams win a few at the same time.
How many did you claw back to win the title first time around? I don't remember but it looked like United had it in the bag at one point.

This season they said Liverpool would win the league, Spurs were abysmal, Arsenal are the only ones who can stop Chelsea, Man City are in free fall etc. It changes every 2-3 months. Chelsea have been consistent but when Spurs turned them over 2-0 I was pretty sure a few more could follow suit

remember this

also that clown Jake Humphrey on BTsports at the weekend said after the liverpool beat spurs he has to congratulate the premier league title winners chelsea

8 points really isn't much. Two losses es in a row or two draws it gets uncomfortable for them.
You never know. Chelsea might be 4-1 up at home and get pegged back for a 4-4 draw, lose another away match and then be beaten by City.

That sounds a highly implausible scenario. I wonder if it has ever happened?

Apart from his first game back after his stop Costa hasn't looked the same, lack of other options could hinder them. The 2 games against Arsenal and Liverpool plus Chelsea away could decide things. We have players around the club that have chased down teams before that confidence around the dressing room may well play into it.

How many did you claw back to win the title first time around? I don't remember but it looked like United had it in the bag at one point.

This season they said Liverpool would win the league, Spurs were abysmal, Arsenal are the only ones who can stop Chelsea, Man City are in free fall etc. It changes every 2-3 months. Chelsea have been consistent but when Spurs turned them over 2-0 I was pretty sure a few more could follow suit

We were 8 points behind in April.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.