Men who cook.

It does look good but I've not got a good track record with mussels. I'd rather have the pasta with the prawns in garlic and chilli and white wine. But good attempt!

My Dad has made a fantastic Sunday roast beef dinner today with all the veg and his legendary gravy. I can't move I'm so stuffed.

An easy thing to solve. Nothing worse than half cooked mussels.

The solution: cook them separately.

Big pot, glass of white wine, two cloves of garlic, butter. Dried herbs you like.

Melt butter add garlic and herbs cook gently then add mussels and wine out lid on and steam for Five minutes.

You have incidentally made moulles mariniere.

Use some of the liquor into your tomato sauce when that sauce is ready add the perfectly cooked mussels and fold in. Boom.

An easy thing to solve. Nothing worse than half cooked mussels.

The solution: cook them separately.

Big pot, glass of white wine, two cloves of garlic, butter. Dried herbs you like.

Melt butter add garlic and herbs cook gently then add mussels and wine out lid on and steam for Five minutes.

You have incidentally made moulles mariniere.

Use some of the liquor into your tomato sauce when that sauce is ready add the perfectly cooked mussels and fold in. Boom.
Very nice if you add chorizo as well

I fucking love cooking and especially the science. For example i know exactly what temp protiens get cut at etc, think Heston with added grit less cash and equiptment. You can't beat proper bbq food and i will happily spend a week preparing a brisket for the coals. I did not cook so much last summer as i was busy building a network, now though i have the guts of it done (i made the whole thing myself so piss off techs thinking i took to long hehe) i have this summer free to spend with my dogs and bbq'ing. I have been the typical shy from fish dude the last few years and stupidly so, it is impossibly easy to cook, the more brazen you are the better sea food turns out imo.

Tesco has raw frozen king tiger prawns now at 3.50 a pack, well worth it and our fishing fleets will be thankful (don't get the 'fish' stuff as it is asian silver carp basically, make sure it is labled cod or haddock, pollock etc etc). Anyway, stick them in a bag with some smashed garlic, good extra virgin oil, juice of 1 lime, a bit of chilli and fresh chopped basil. Drain and do that on super high heat for 2min max and you have the best tasting food that reminds you of the sea front in warmer climates.

Edit: marinade no longer than 20min due to the acid cooking effect of the lime juice, infact add that last and a bit in the pan before you take it of the heat.
I live in Peterhead mate,plenty of fresh caught fish here.am sure could sort out a fry or ten for you.

I live in Peterhead mate,plenty of fresh caught fish here.am sure could sort out a fry or ten for you.

do you, that's cool, i used to love that fishing show, i bet you know the lads off it being a close knit community?. A large part of my frowny face for the EU was directly seeing what happened to these lads, watching them have to chuck away thousands of pounds worth of fish, was pretty tragic to watch actually. You have no excuse for having shit fish and chip shops though so i hope they are good :-D

Yeah know them all well.jimmy(owner of the unity) went for parliament for tories.needless say he didn't stand a hope.think he's to do with fishing side of politics now.he still has the boat but don't think he goes out much anymore n leaving it to his crew.

Yeah chippers here are good but the dolphin cafe(connected to fish market) is the best.

Yeah know them all well.jimmy(owner of the unity) went for parliament for tories.needless say he didn't stand a hope.think he's to do with fishing side of politics now.he still has the boat but don't think he goes out much anymore n leaving it to his crew.

Yeah chippers here are good but the dolphin cafe(connected to fish market) is the best.

That is cool as hell haha, are the lads really that laid back? It seems there is something in the sea air that generally sees you lads at peace with the world. I still feel sorry for the green horn fella who was just throwing up all the time and looked like death hahahahaha, poor bastard. That must be horrible having sea sickness and not being able to get away from it.

Well i am glad he campaigns because i found not many people found it an issue until it was spelled out to them and how fishing communities were being killed of.

I would honestly be interested to know how optimistic they are now for the future, i'll just assume your town was heavily vote out hehe

I buy british coastal caught seafood now and never grumble about the price when i think of some fella packing it in ice in the guts of a boat miles out at sea in horrendous weather, yeah that 5 quid suddenly seems a fair price for a bag of prawns. I never really truly appreciated the effort made to get it for us.

That is cool as hell haha, are the lads really that laid back? It seems there is something in the sea air that generally sees you lads at peace with the world. I still feel sorry for the green horn fella who was just throwing up all the time and looked like death hahahahaha, poor bastard. That must be horrible having sea sickness and not being able to get away from it.

Well i am glad he campaigns because i found not many people found it an issue until it was spelled out to them and how fishing communities were being killed of.

I would honestly be interested to know how optimistic they are now for the future, i'll just assume your town was heavily vote out hehe

I buy british coastal caught seafood now and never grumble about the price when i think of some fella packing it in ice in the guts of a boat miles out at sea in horrendous weather, yeah that 5 quid suddenly seems a fair price for a bag of prawns. I never really truly appreciated the effort made to get it for us.
Yeah mate were all pretty much laid back haha.as for out vote unfortunately not was heavily for remain which angered the fishing community a lot.we're all watching with baited(excuse the pun) breath on what's gonna happen with the waters once we're out.

Yeah mate were all pretty much laid back haha.as for out vote unfortunately not was heavily for remain which angered the fishing community a lot.we're all watching with baited(excuse the pun) breath on what's gonna happen with the waters once we're out.
No way, i bet that has caused a few arguments in town. I just assumed really every fishing town would want out, do not pass go and collect 200 just get out. That is an interesting debate on it's own. I would mention it in the referendum thread but i am not sure if any proper debate will ever break out there hehe.

Do you locals go to the boats when they come in or go to a mongers? and do they keep the best for local or because posh restaurants offer so much do they get it? Sorry for the questions but that show left me really intrigued about the way of life in the town. Made my day this has finding out you live there hahaha, i bet you wish you never mentioned it now hehe.

Your welcome up anytime mate.will show you around.most fish is straight to market then off to processors who are all local.then shipped worldwide.is a few local mongers who get straight from market too though.

Yeah seen arguments coming to blows in bars so still a touchy subject haha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.