Sales Criteria Huddersfield (Away)

If you mean me I didn't say it wasn't a lot of points. It's a decent amount but there are a lot of people ahead of that. So the game sold out fairly high (nowhere near as some games due to more tickets being available) but fairly high but did people not expect that?

Some people say they know of 1 or 2 people that get round the system but some people will always get round any system and I don't think it's 500 or 600 at every game or anything like that. I've made initial assumptions sometimes when I've heard a southern accent but then it's turned out they've been city fans since the 70s or 80s for whatever reason and have far more points than I have.
In terms of the obvious tourists at certain games like Liverpool and the London games I was under the impression they bought them from agencies that the club had sold to rather than buying them off season ticket holders.
It just doesn't seem plausible to me that loads of people would have built up points through going to games then choose to stop this and sell them on every game just to keep their points tally high so they qualify for away games which presumably they wouldn't go to as they want to sell them every time.

No it wasn't aimed at you personally. More the perception that it's not a healthy amount but I suppose unless we knew the average or even better we know how many season ticket holders are in a bracket when the sales criteria is announced, I suppose I'm just guessing and I could be totally wrong.

However seeing that 13k would have got you a Celtic away ticket which was probably the most sought after away ticket other than maybe the Derby this season, I'd say that 13k is still a very decent amount providing the supporters who buy tickets have to attend the game. Had there been a collection process for yesterday's game then based on the Celtic game I'd assume that it'd have gone down to 11k maybe? I may well be totally under estimating how popular a game it was though.

On the money. There will be a few of course. Any system will be abused somewhere along the line.
the points whores are the middle pointers trying to catch up.They can't see that they will never catch up cos the high pointers are there anyway.

Personally I'm just hoping to stay ahead of those behind me. I'm not looking to catch up those that go to all the games of which I'd say there are no more than about 1500.

Personally I'm just hoping to stay ahead of those behind me. I'm not looking to catch up those that go to all the games of which I'd say there are no more than about 1500.

Id agree rachace - 1200 - 1500 max never miss...id probably put it at 1200 though

There might be no more than 1500 that get to all or nearly all the games but there are plenty of people who get to as many games as their finances/work/family will allow (or maybe they just don't feel the need to do them all) this may be 50% of aways or could be 60, 70 or 80%. These people make up the rest of the crowd at popular aways after you take the 'die hards' out. They might not feel the need to go to the often cited Sunderland away every year but they have been to enough games, whichever ones they chose, to earn their ticket for Huddersfield.
As we've said there are always people who get round the system which is annoying particularly when you only just miss out but that is not a problem with the system itself which is broadly fair and so not enough reason I don't believe to change it hugely. The odd tweak like making it a rolling tally of 7-10 years or something might mean more can catch up but then natural wastage will effectively have the same effect over time!

There might be no more than 1500 that get to all or nearly all the games but there are plenty of people who get to as many games as their finances/work/family will allow (or maybe they just don't feel the need to do them all) this may be 50% of aways or could be 60, 70 or 80%. These people make up the rest of the crowd at popular aways after you take the 'die hards' out. They might not feel the need to go to the often cited Sunderland away every year but they have been to enough games, whichever ones they chose, to earn their ticket for Huddersfield.
As we've said there are always people who get round the system which is annoying particularly when you only just miss out but that is not a problem with the system itself which is broadly fair and so not enough reason I don't believe to change it hugely. The odd tweak like making it a rolling tally of 7-10 years or something might mean more can catch up but then natural wastage will effectively have the same effect over time!

My guess is that when you add the 1500 diehards to that group that you've described it adds up to more than 3700. Its just that most of the ones that only go to 50-80% of aways wanted to go to this one.

At the risk of upsetting a few people I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with our end on Saturday. The vast majority seemed to be 50+ men, too cool to sing. There were pockets of fans trying to get it going but people just weren't joining in! There were so many empty seats around me 10 minutes into the game. Three people arrived 15 minutes late, left 10 mins before half time, came out 15 mins late for the second half, took a load of selfies for snap chat then went with 5 minutes of normal time to go. There were others just constantly whinging. You'd forget you were in amongst the City 'SUPPORT' at times.

The same fans that spent the entire day posturing, wearing their shit, rip off stone island gear, were no where to be seen when a gang of 10/15 Huddersfield fans set about the City fans walking back to the station (until the police cordon was in place, then suddenly I was surrounded by 50 Joe Rocks!).

I know it was a big game for them, but Huddersfield's fans really showed us up (except for one or two times we actually sang). The most disappointing thing was that there were thousands of blues who wanted to go who couldn't get tickets. Were all the blues at this game there on merit? I seriously doubt it. Worse, I think a lot of them weren't even arsed about the game as long as they got as many pints in as possible.

At the risk of upsetting a few people I have to say I was incredibly disappointed with our end on Saturday. The vast majority seemed to be 50+ men, too cool to sing. There were pockets of fans trying to get it going but people just weren't joining in! There were so many empty seats around me 10 minutes into the game. Three people arrived 15 minutes late, left 10 mins before half time, came out 15 mins late for the second half, took a load of selfies for snap chat then went with 5 minutes of normal time to go. There were others just constantly whinging. You'd forget you were in amongst the City 'SUPPORT' at times.

The same fans that spent the entire day posturing, wearing their shit, rip off stone island gear, were no where to be seen when a gang of 10/15 Huddersfield fans set about the City fans walking back to the station (until the police cordon was in place, then suddenly I was surrounded by 50 Joe Rocks!).

I know it was a big game for them, but Huddersfield's fans really showed us up (except for one or two times we actually sang). The most disappointing thing was that there were thousands of blues who wanted to go who couldn't get tickets. Were all the blues at this game there on merit? I seriously doubt it. Worse, I think a lot of them weren't even arsed about the game as long as they got as many pints in as possible.
I think I am one of those 50+ men you mention although I sang. The problem was that so many people were so tanked up they were probably concentrating all their efforts on standing up. Did this gang really set upon City fans as if there was only 10 - 15 of them my guess is that they were either incredibly brave, stupid or both

My guess is that when you add the 1500 diehards to that group that you've described it adds up to more than 3700. Its just that most of the ones that only go to 50-80% of aways wanted to go to this one.

Yeah that's what I was saying pretty much. 14k is about the minimum points level within this group I'd guess, although obviously some are limited by how old they are as in they might not have been old enough for aways til more recently.

I think I am one of those 50+ men you mention although I sang. The problem was that so many people were so tanked up they were probably concentrating all their efforts on standing up. Did this gang really set upon City fans as if there was only 10 - 15 of them my guess is that they were either incredibly brave, stupid or both

That's exactly what happened. They turned on the blues closest to them - brave and stupid sums them up as they were outnumbered but most of the blues on that street weren't part of a firm and were just singing on the way back to the station. Myself and M33 were literally 15 yards or so behind them when it went off so had a clear view of it.

Can't deny that I'd had a fair chunk to drink myself before the game but still made the effort to get an atmosphere going inside and it was like flogging a dead horse most of the time. Plenty of old school blues in attendance but that doesn't always necessarily make for a great atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.