City v Huddersfield post match

23 passes to goal (including the two prior to the beginning of the video). Special mention to Bravo for the chip that relieved the pressure from the high press and Garcia for the two one time half volley passes that opened up the midfield on two occasions during that passage.

Honestly I`ve just watched the whole game again and I still stand by my thoughts on LAST NIGHTS performance by KDB.Sloppy at times,gave the ball away,caught in possession and then made some wonderful balls to colleagues.No-one is perfect for a full 90 minutes,but having watched it again I fully stand by my opinion that KDB was average,NOT is average,but WAS average.
I`m a massive fan of his ... but no player should be immune from criticism.Just some fans have thin skin when it comes to upsetting their favourite player. ;)
Spot-on Oakie both my son and I said the same thing about our Kev

23 passes to goal (including the two prior to the beginning of the video). Special mention to Bravo for the chip that relieved the pressure from the high press and Garcia for the two one time half volley passes that opened up the midfield on two occasions during that passage.

One of the reports I read after the fact described Sergio's goals as a 'well taken penalty and a tap in'...

Tap in FFS. If that was a tap in, I'm a monkeys uncle, that finish was a thing of beauty.

Effort wise I`ve got to agree with you,but its nice to see someone else`s opinion,who agrees with me,that KDB lost and gave the ball away countless times.I saw someone saying that he only lost the ball 8.4 times %.Stats as we all know can paint a different picture,as KDB gave the ball away at least 10 times in that first half alone,mainly through pure sloppiness.
Anyway mate I`m one of his biggest fans ... but sometimes he can play sloppily,but they are very few and far between.

He made some poor passes and he was dispossessed on at least three occasions. If the stats do not back that up, then the stats are clearly incorrect. Maybe the definitions used in the stats are incorrect.

I think what made it worse was that he had other options available to him but appeared to take the wrong option on several occasions. These things happen as he takes risks. He probably took more risks last night as the stakes were not as high as other games.

Like you, I'm a big fan of his but that doesn't mean he is above criticism.

One of the reports I read after the fact described Sergio's goals as a 'well taken penalty and a tap in'...

Tap in FFS. If that was a tap in, I'm a monkeys uncle, that finish was a thing of beauty.
They'll skew it in any way they can to diminish how well Pep's system works and Aguero's performances in general to play into the "Pep can't cut it here in ENGLAND!" and "Aquero is leaving because City are a small club" narrative, unfortunately.

He made some poor passes and he was dispossessed on at least three occasions. If the stats do not back that up, then the stats are clearly incorrect. Maybe the definitions used in the stats are incorrect.

I think what made it worse was that he had other options available to him but appeared to take the wrong option on several occasions. These things happen as he takes risks. He probably took more risks last night as the stakes were not as high as other games.

Like you, I'm a big fan of his but that doesn't mean he is above criticism.

Just watched the match for first time on tv.
In first half kdb made 3 misplaced passes & had 2 through balls intercepted .. one that went for city throw in.
In second half he made no misplaced passes & was caught in possession 3 times, all in one 10 minute spell.
Not forgetting he was a handball & the width of a post away from 2 assists. He was also fouled several times in the middle during the first half turning his man & would have been in good space. Not all that bad!
Strange cause at the match I thought he'd not had a good game. Shows the quality he usually plays at I suppose.

He was playing against a second string of midfielders last night,not the might of Barca,Real.Bayern or Chelsea.

So do you still think he should be ASHAMED of his performance

Your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Mine is that you have piss poor judgement of football performance

Regarding Bravo, I see the rag press/media are all over the ironic cheers by City fans after he made a simple save before half time, this is the problem with turning on your own, it gives the ragarsed dipper media carte blanche to demean the club even more than normal.
It's like a gift from the gods for these hateful bastards, lessons need to be learned!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.