3 English (or HG) players

Absolutely no need to go buying average players to fulfil the imaginary quota. I don't see any "homegrown" players who would be available at non-ridiculous prices and would actually improve us, so just no need.

Absolutely no need to go buying average players to fulfil the imaginary quota. I don't see any "homegrown" players who would be available at non-ridiculous prices and would actually improve us, so just no need.
Yep. Besides, unless Delph leaves we only have one free HG spot.

Which don't need filling anyway. I think a lot of people still really don't understand how the "quota" works
Some seem to think we'll get docked a few foreign spots for not filling it alright. I think we can see this season with the drop in quality when we've had to rotate certain positions that there's absolutely fuck all in favour of signing more squad fillers. Also seeing as we have to replace quite a few positions this summer I would sooner see our resources (scouting, time and money) go to securing the highest quality possible in those areas regardless of nationality, than paying out English premium fees for journeymen or spending the entire fucking window waiting for Levy to finish signing 7 different players with our money before signing off on a transfer on deadline day.

We'd probably struggle to sign him being 'one of their own', but Harry Winks looks a tidy player. Still pretty unproven in terms of actually really affecting games, but technically very good.

Wouldn't mind seeing Navas out and either (finally) give Barker a proper chance or if we're going English, Josh Sims from Southampton looks a talent.

Wouldn't mind seeing Navas out and either (finally) give Barker a proper chance or if we're going English, Josh Sims from Southampton looks a talent.
Roberts is probably ahead of Barker at this stage when they both come back this summer.

Some seem to think we'll get docked a few foreign spots for not filling it alright. I think we can see this season with the drop in quality when we've had to rotate certain positions that there's absolutely fuck all in favour of signing more squad fillers. Also seeing as we have to replace quite a few positions this summer I would sooner see our resources (scouting, time and money) go to securing the highest quality possible in those areas regardless of nationality, than paying out English premium fees for journeymen or spending the entire fucking window waiting for Levy to finish signing 7 different players with our money before signing off on a transfer on deadline day.
In previous years weve needed homegrown to get our squad up to around 22 / 23 with our club trained u21 not at a good enough level to come in. Next season we will have 17 plus Sterling and Stones. With Iheanacho, Maffeo, Garcia and possibly Roberts and Gunn we will be at 23 without anymore home grown unless they are good enough to challenge for a first team place and there arent many of those that will be available.

Some people still seem to think it's a quota that needs filling, but it isn't. All we have to replace is their contribution to the squad and I could replace Delph with a cardboard cut out of Delph and we wouldn't have lost anything. Honestly, if you look at the HG players who are leaving, and how much (little) we have required of them this season, it's pretty obvious it's not an issue. Clichy is the only HG player who is leaving who has contributed at all and he's wank.

It would be as simple as replacing any one of the (numerous) foreign players who are leaving with a HG player to balance out needing a replacement for Clichy (unless we went even simpler and just got a HG leftback). Not difficult at all, we could just promote any one of Gunn, Maffeo or Roberts. It's not as if our Bravo, Sagna or Navas are exactly irreplaceable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.