Monaco - Post Match thread.

Sagna - 34 years old
Kolarov - 31 years old
Clichy - 31 years old

How? Just fucking how are we playing a second leg of a CL tie with those 3 in the defence?!

We stayed loyal to them for too long. Sadly you can put Zaba into that category (I can't say with confidence he would of made much of the difference with Monaco's overall speed).

I'm not saying I'm glad to go,out like Karen earlier but let's be honest who would we realistically beat over two legs in the quarters. Bayern, Barca, Real, Athletico, Dortmund, I wouldn't fancy our chances against any of them. We aren't good enough that's the brutal truth. I'm as gutted as anyone but realistic to see our quite staggeringly obvious weaknesses.
We would have been battered had we gone further,we are not good enough till we sort the defences out,concentrate on the cup and top 4 andgo again next season

Find it ridiculous that our "fans" are turning on KDB. They obviously missed him playing deeper in the sweeper role 2nd half, that lead to us dominating.

Lack of fight maybe but he's still created more chances that any player in the top 5 leagues.

I thought he played well in the 2nd half tbh but was shite in the 1st half

The players are just not tough enough, physically and, most importantly, mentally.

I thought Pep should have started Yaya but the bigger problem was too many players simply not doing their jobs well enough. Yet again we demonstrate brain dead defending and make costly errors. Dinho losing ball in midfield led to the situation that allowed Monaco to score. Stones was left without help for so long on their second goal - Sterling majorly at fault on that.

People will criticise the high defending on their third but we defend like that all the time and it has been very effective. Not sure if KDB need to give the foul away but we are buggers for giving cheap free kicks away in bad areas and his two subsequent free kick deliveries were a stark contrast to theirs.

We need a clear out to rid ourselves of our complacency. I'm tired of seeing us concede needless goals at one end whilst pissing away sitter after sitter at the other. That defeat tonight was entirely self inflicted. How not to defend a 2 goal lead in one easy lesson. Piss poor from manager and players alike. That 3rd goal, given that they weren't in the game whatsoever after about the 35th minute, verged on criminal negligence. Top sides don't concede like that

Embarrassing in the 1st half, finally turned up in the 2nd and totally dominated without taking our chances (story of our season).then we scored and decided to go back playing like the 1st 45 minutes and totally fall asleep for an easy free kick to defend. Guardiola needs to know when to stop going all out attack and defend when needed.

thing is pep sees that as a problem to solve with the attackers....personally i see it as a problem defensively.....stop those 1-2 chances and we won't have a problem but we are play a shit left back at centre half cause he is good at passing and none of our full backs are good enough either......

They didn't do anything to create those chances. I agree Pep could have done things better, but he has every right to expect the players on the pitch to defend better than that.

Especially as they will have been talking it through for days.

Don't be I cringe every time I watch Stones and think £50 million....
I don't think stones was bought to play so many games this season, I think whoever thought Kompany would be back is the main culprit. I like Stones and think he'll be okay in the future, but we should have bought an older head to cover Vince, Stones wasn't the answer.

Hopefully next year we'll see better defenders joining and stones coming on in the last twenty to play 3 at the back.

It wasn't a case of 'just' defending. But 5 players who offer very little defensively, and thus a midfield of virtually 1 to protect that woeful defensive line was what was suicidal.

We didn't need Silva AND De Bruyne on the pitch, up front, with a 2 goal lead. As much as someone can say Yaya doesn't offer much defensively, having him alongside Dinho and putting his foot on the ball every now and then would have been priceless.

Yeah but Yaya doesn't offer much defensively. I know what you're saying, but how do we
know that Yaya would've have been any different. 1st half it looked like a malaise has spread through the
whole team. Wasn't that long ago that every man and his dog was bemoaning a midfield 2 of Yaya and
Fernandihno.

Easy. There is no transfer policy at City. Picking names out of a hat. Hopefully that changes and very quick in the summer.

After the hundreds of millions they've thrown at the defence previously, do you think they'll get it right this summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.