I've seen enough

I would say his first touch isn't good enough. Also his passing and vision aren't great are they? Often makes the wrong decision. Despite that he's a great goalscorer and has huge potential. The problem is we need a result every game we play, Pep doesn't trust him to start games. Impact player at present.

I agree with most of that up until you state he is an impact player. To make an impact you have to be in the matchday squad. Pep has decided he doesnt even want him on the bench. You appear to think he should be getting more chances than he is? Am i right

Not at all.

There have been a number of mistakes this season. The fact Pep has persevered with a style that some of the players can't hack has hindered us. But that was always going to happen. Pep was never going to join us and have us playing a different style.

In hindsight, this should have been a fully transitional season where youngsters like Maffeo and Garcia where bed in and a top 6 finish was the aim. However, that's unrealistic and when you're aiming for the top, the tried and tested players tend to get used. It's beyond arrogant to suggest that we could challenge for the title whilst adapting to Peps plans and bedding in youth players, especially in a league where any of the top 6 could win the PL.

I pointed out on a thread yesterday that the job of a coach is to come up with a system/game plan that maximises the teams chances of winning. Pep has done that this season evident by the fact that we concede very few chances and create a number of good chances.

The fact that we seem to waste these chances and concede goals from nearly every shot against us is an anomaly that will be addressed with better personnel. Something that will definitely be sorted in the summer.

I never once said i thought we should be challenging for the title this season. I just think we should be doing better and identified a few areas where I think Pep has cocked up. The most obvious area to me is that nearly everybody who defends Pep to the hilt recognise that we havent been taking our chances. But they also defend him or ignore the fact that he doesnt reinforce out attack and include our best young available attacking tallent in the squad whos goals to minutes played ratio is simply brilliant. They then pretend he has had a fair crack at the whip. When he has actually played a total of 104minutes this year. Talk about blinkered and expecting too much.

Agree with op with one reservation. Outplaying the top sides so consistently but failing to win has to be more than coincidence. I can't believe Jesus for Aguero solves that. He's scored 9 in 9, including the big games, how many have we won?

His attitude to defending needs to change.

Agree with op with one reservation. Outplaying the top sides so consistently but failing to win has to be more than coincidence. I can't believe Jesus for Aguero solves that. He's scored 9 in 9, including the big games, how many have we won?

His attitude to defending needs to change.
I'm not sure about Pep's attitude to defending I just think to many of our defenders don't sense danger.

Hopefully. No full backs signed last summer? Nor in January? Bravo to replace Hart?
Remember we are a team in transition - we have some players who are past their best who are on good contracts - no doubt we have signed some exciting youngsters but as a team we are unbalanced - sure in the next window this will be addressed - biggest mistake Pep has made is regarding the keeper - got himself in a mess there - compare our transition with that of the shower in Salford and things ain't that bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.