Shut the f*** up

My first match I ever attended was against Fulham many years ago. I couldn't believe that these two guys in their fifties spent the whole match bad mouthing the players and didn't really seem to get happy even when we scored. I was so thrilled just to be there it boggled my mind how bitter and empty those two guys seemed. A shame really. They took a little bit of the joy out of the day(so did Fulham) for me and I imagine those types still do the same to the people who are able to attend weekly now.

I don't understand why they even go.

Think we've had at least one person who chats shit sitting near us in 3 different places now. East L2, East L1 and South L3. Lad next to us last season should 'De Bruyne, you've done fucking nothing' - this was after 2 assists in the game.

In my experience I only hear it at home games (and I mainly go to away games because of where I live), and it almost always seems to come from middle-aged men, which to me is strange because you'd think that after all the shit they've sat through and watched over the years they'd be a little more appreciative of what we have now. I'd expect more moaning from the younger generation who are more used to seeing us win.

I remember a couple of seasons ago at home to Roma, one guy in the family stand moaned so much fright from kick-off that another bloke couldn't take it any more and told him to shut up, which then only seemed to make him worse. Granted, it was a woeful performance that evening but he never even gave the team a chance.

My dad is a bit of a moaner but he's nothing compared to some of the miserable old sods you hear at home games. I get that they're entitled to moan given that they pay good money for a ticket but I wonder how the hell people like him ever get any enjoyment out of watching games, or indeed why they bother going. Can't be doing his heart any good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.