Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And those are the criticisms, plus he's never really built a strong spine in his team in the last 10+ years.
That's the one that's really plagued him since the invincible season. He inherited Adams-Winterburn-Bould-Dixon-Seaman from George Graham, did well to add Petit/Vieira and later Gilberto Silva to it and hasn't ever built a side with any grit since, it looks like luck rather than judgement. At this stage it seems an exponential problem as well - even when they sign players like Mustafi and Xhaka the soft mentality of the rest of the squad seems to affect them.

That's the one that's really plagued him since the invincible season. He inherited Adams-Winterburn-Bould-Dixon-Seaman from George Graham, did well to add Petit/Vieira and later Gilberto Silva to it and hasn't ever built a side with any grit since, it looks like luck rather than judgement. At this stage it seems an exponential problem as well - even when they sign players like Mustafi and Xhaka the soft mentality of the rest of the squad seems to affect them.

It's incredible how bad Mustafi and Xhaka are for £70m combined. They're no better than the £5-10m players they replaced. Very poor purchases.

It's incredible how bad Mustafi and Xhaka are for £70m combined. They're no better than the £5-10m players they replaced. Very poor purchases.
Xhaka is a bit of an idiot but they were both very solid, very gritty players in Germany. For me it's down to either coaching or environment rather than the players themselves.

fuck 'em.
arrogant self-entitled fans, management and owners.
they are shit now and they are only going to get shitter whether wenger leaves or not.

stick this up yer 20 years
9f9ff826aa84b020adb801e1705385b2.gif

mcfc feeder club,
in our shadow for a long time to come.

Yep agree, people say Arsenal don't spend but over the past 5 seasons they have spent quite a bit.

Carzola 20m, Chambers 16m, Ozil 42m, Sanchez 35m, Perez 17m, MustafI 35m, Xhaka 33m just to name a few.

I'd love it of he stays another season. I still think they'll get top 4 right now

There are certainly some valid criticisms of Wenger that you can make but their situation is somewhat similar to the rags in many ways. Iconic manager starved of funds by an American owner who has been complacent and satisfied with 4th place while it brings in CL money.

Well they've now got a decision to make as it seems unlikely they'll finish in the top four.

Just think of all that revenue they'll be able to milk from their supporters with the extra matches that the Europa will bring!

Yep agree, people say Arsenal don't spend but over the past 5 seasons they have spent quite a bit.

Carzola 20m, Chambers 16m, Ozil 42m, Sanchez 35m, Perez 17m, MustafI 35m, Xhaka 33m just to name a few.

I'd love it of he stays another season. I still think they'll get top 4 right now
Just under £300m in the last 5 seasons.

Just think of all that revenue they'll be able to milk from their supporters with the extra matches that the Europa will bring!
Season ticket holders get their first seven cup games thrown in as part of their package (which is why Arsenal season tickets aren't quite as expensive as people make out). It will be interesting to see if they feel they need to change that. I doubt they would though.

Season ticket holders get their first seven cup games thrown in as part of their package (which is why Arsenal season tickets aren't quite as expensive as people make out). It will be interesting to see if they feel they need to change that. I doubt they would though.
They'll be delighted, every year in the Europa League has a playoff round, they've missed out on the revenue from the CL one for the last two years on the trot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.