Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certainly some valid criticisms of Wenger that you can make but their situation is somewhat similar to the rags in many ways. Iconic manager starved of funds by an American owner who has been complacent and satisfied with 4th place while it brings in CL money.

Well they've now got a decision to make as it seems unlikely they'll finish in the top four.

While it isn't entirely impossible for either Allegri or Simeone to end up at Arsenal with them only signing shorter deals (Allegri wants a longer term deal at Juventus),I think it is unlikely, especially with the toxic environment that is surrounding the club.
The toxic environment is surrounding the stagnation under Wenger, not the club itself. I think it would depend on what resources they're promised, as both will probably look for a move soon. Simeone is between a rock and a hard place at Atleti, he needs another league win or the Champions League to show progress and the financial clout isn't really there to upgrade the squad sufficiently.
Allegri could win everything domestically for the next few years and it won't be enough - Juve see the domestic trophies as a bare minimum and only the Champions League will be seen as a success - similar to PSG in that regard. They've hit a bit of a glass ceiling there as the new stadium is limiting their ability to pay fees and wages and the league isn't really prestigious enough to attract the very best from other leagues.
I could easily see neither being in their current job on the 1st of September.

The toxic environment is surrounding the stagnation under Wenger, not the club itself. I think it would depend on what resources they're promised, as both will probably look for a move soon. Simeone is between a rock and a hard place at Atleti, he needs another league win or the Champions League to show progress and the financial clout isn't really there to upgrade the squad sufficiently.
Allegri could win everything domestically for the next few years and it won't be enough - Juve see the domestic trophies as a bare minimum and only the Champions League will be seen as a success - similar to PSG in that regard. They've hit a bit of a glass ceiling there as the new stadium is limiting their ability to pay fees and wages and the league isn't really prestigious enough to attract the very best from other leagues.
I could easily see neither being in their current job on the 1st of September.

Arsenal's board is the problem and neither of them (or any other elite manager) would think twice in rocking up in North London in the current environment. Simeone would only consider quitting if they decide to sell the likes of Griezmann (no real signs of that only the current rag spin).

Arsenal's board is the problem and neither of them (or any other elite manager) would think twice in rocking up in North London in the current environment. Simeone would only consider quitting if they decide to sell the likes of Griezmann (no real signs of that only the current rag spin).
Simeone is obviously thinking of quitting regardless of what happens with transfers, there's a reason he negotiated with Atleti to have his contract shortened by a year. He probably thinks he's done all he can do at Atleti and tbf I'd agree with him.

Here:

http://www.espnfc.com/atletico-madr...letico-madrid-contract-shortened-by-two-years

Not the actions of a club or manager planning for a longer term future together.

Simeone is obviously thinking of quitting regardless of what happens with transfers, there's a reason he negotiated with Atleti to have his contract shortened by a year. He probably thinks he's done all he can do at Atleti and tbf I'd agree with him.

Possible in two years time but for next season with them moving to a new stadium. He had already turned down PSG and probably Chelsea as well.

This was the alternative way to manage pelligirinis last season. Not announcing anything leading to lots of instability/uncertainty. Personally, I think hes already decided hes off but didnt want to disrupt their season thats turned out well so far.

Possible in two years time but for next season with them moving to a new stadium. He had already turned down PSG and probably Chelsea as well.
His hands will be further tied once they move stadium. The PSG/Chelsea links were before the second CL final loss, that seemed to take the wind out of his sails a fair bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.