The battle for 3rd place

Gonna be tight but we should have enough to at least scrape fourth with our run in. The United game will be very interesting.

If we can't finish 4th considering our run in compared to United's and the fact we could effectively draw the derby and still be ahead of United, then most of the squad can walk in the summer.

If we can't finish 4th considering our run in compared to United's and the fact we could effectively draw the derby and still be ahead of United, then most of the squad can walk in the summer.
Expect us to do it but its been the home games against shite opposition where we've struggled time and time again this season.

I'm not being funny, but we could catch Spurs, even though they are currently 7 points in front of us.

Look at their fixture list.

They have at least 3 nightmare games. Chelsea(FA Cup), United, and a North London derby. Along with Palace, Leicester and West Ham away. They couldn't have been given a better final game of the season though. All but one of those games are hard.

image.png

I'm not being funny, but we could catch Spurs, even though they are currently 7 points in front of us.

They have at least 3 nightmare games. Chelsea(FA Cup), United, and a North London derby. Along with Palace, Leicester and West Ham away. They couldn't have been given a better final game of the season though. All but one of those games are hard.

image.png

There is a lot of momentum with Spurs at the moment though and are by far the best team in the league at the moment.

I reckon if they beat Chelsea in the cup next week they will win every game left.

image.png
Yeah Chelsea to collapse and Spurs run in fucks them up and we pinch it on the final day with a 96 min og..

I still can't begin to get my head around the fact that the vast majority of posters think us being in a dogfight for top four with a poor utd squad, a poor arsenal team, and a poor Liverpool is acceptable this season, given our squad and the enormous investment last summer.

I think this season has had some great highlights, and a handful of great performances, but ultimately scrapping for top 4 with the teams mentioned and being so many points behind a Chelsea side with a new manager and who finished mid table last season, not to mention a spurs side who aren't anything like our quality is frustrating and hugely disappointing.

Still, that matters not one fuck in the grand scheme of things, I'm just praying we get over the line into 4th (by rights we should be nailed on for 3rd given our run in) so we can spend more tens of millions in the summer and hopefully get it right next season.

It's the hope that kills ya...

I still can't begin to get my head around the fact that the vast majority of posters think us being in a dogfight for top four with a poor utd squad, a poor arsenal team, and a poor Liverpool is acceptable this season, given our squad and the enormous investment last summer.

I think this season has had some great highlights, and a handful of great performances, but ultimately scrapping for top 4 with the teams mentioned and being so many points behind a Chelsea side with a new manager and who finished mid table last season, not to mention a spurs side who aren't anything like our quality is frustrating and hugely disappointing.

Still, that matters not one fuck in the grand scheme of things, I'm just praying we get over the line into 4th (by rights we should be nailed on for 3rd given our run in) so we can spend more tens of millions in the summer and hopefully get it right next season.

It's the hope that kills ya...

I agree with what you have said but I also think many of us, in particularly people high up at the club overestimated the overall quality in this squad.

Pretty much everyone knew at the end of last season that all 4 of our fullbacks were finished at the highest level, Kompany was becoming very injury prone and unreliable and Yaya's legs had gone and was becoming more and more inconsistent with his performances.

Attacking wise we are fine, but the balance in midfield and defence was clearly not addressed properly.

Whether Guardiola should have adapted better and compensated I don't know, however when you scout such a manager for so long for his style of play why should he? Txiki and co should have planned much better with the correct and required acquisitions well in advance of Pep arriving, and I am talking years in advance.

It's our attacking options that fools a lot of people into thinking we are a top side I believe.

I agree with what you have said but I also think many of us, in particularly people high up at the club overestimated the overall quality in this squad.

Pretty much everyone knew at the end of last season that all 4 of our fullbacks were finished at the highest level, Kompany was becoming very injury prone and unreliable and Yaya's legs had gone and was becoming more and more inconsistent with his performances.

Attacking wise we are fine, but the balance in midfield and defence was clearly not addressed properly.

Whether Guardiola should have adapted better and compensated I don't know, however when you scout such a manager for so long for his style of play why should he? Txiki and co should have planned much better with the correct and required acquisitions well in advance of Pep arriving, and I am talking years in advance.

It's our attacking options that fools a lot of people into thinking we are a top side I believe.

Good post and I agree with much of it.

No doubt, player recruitment and planning has been very very poor for a few years now.

Elite level facilities, elite level manager, elite level attacking options, elite level youth set up.

Mid-table championship level DOF. It's so bad it's almost possible to believe it's deliberate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.