The battle for 3rd place

Good post and I agree with much of it.

No doubt, player recruitment and planning has been very very poor for a few years now.

Elite level facilities, elite level manager, elite level attacking options, elite level youth set up.

Mid-table championship level DOF. It's so bad it's almost possible to believe it's deliberate.
Where does Leroy sane and Gabriel Jesus fit into that explanation?

Good post and I agree with much of it.

No doubt, player recruitment and planning has been very very poor for a few years now.

Elite level facilities, elite level manager, elite level attacking options, elite level youth set up.

Mid-table championship level DOF. It's so bad it's almost possible to believe it's deliberate.

Agree with this.

I think Txiki was solely brought in to get Pep and put in place to implement the Barcelona style culture within the club, which to be fair to him, at academy level he has worked wonders organising as it is now and how we have been able to get some of this countries and Europe's finest young players. Even South American.

I think this summer will be his last shot at first team player recruitment though as I think if he fails he will move to a more footballing identity role of some sort in organising and developing the club more and more into the Barca/ Ajax style culture.

Jesus I will give you, he would have been a recommendation from one of his South American scouts.

Sane was definitely a Pep recommendation though, in my opinion. Txiki just did the deal, which at the price most DOF's would have been able to do.

Jesus I will give you, he would have been a recommendation from one of his South American scouts.

Sane was definitely a Pep recommendation though, in my opinion. Txiki just did the deal, which at the price most DOF's would have been able to do.

What he said..

Pep was right it will go to the wire. It would be funny if Chelsea blew the title now after all the arse kissing media awarded it them by December. The one game we want them to win they lose, bloody typical! They should still win it though looking at their remaining fixtures. Thank God we won yesterday, I really thought the rags and dippers would have dropped points today. This league is so unpredictable and for us bloody frustrating.
The only reason it will go to the wire is because the fa want it to. They want another Aguero moment to boost up the brand. Ideally they want a spurs win. They've admitted they want new names on the trophy. I warned people that the rags would be assisted in order to slow Chelsea's title charge. Poor things think they won it fair and square. Bless.

The only reason it will go to the wire is because the fa want it to. They want another Aguero moment to boost up the brand. Ideally they want a spurs win. They've admitted they want new names on the trophy. I warned people that the rags would be assisted in order to slow Chelsea's title charge. Poor things think they won it fair and square. Bless.
Fair assessment. It's not an uncommon practice, NBA clearly helped Cavaliers to crush Golden State in 2016 final to prevent one-team domination and provide better 'show'. I stopped watching NBA basketball after that. Is there any reason to think that FA is less greedy than their American colleagues? I think no.

The FA/ BT/SKY & BBC engineering results...their next task--get City out of top 4

I've been happy with most of the forward signings apart from Bony. Jesus, Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne in particular. Even the ones that haven't really stood out (eg Nolito) seem to me to have been sensible signings. The problems have been at the other end of the pitch. The recruitment just hasnt been balanced.

United were undoubtedly assisted by the officials - the first goal and balance of fouls especially. However, Chelsea were completely gash and unfortunately that was by far the primary reason they lost.

United were undoubtedly assisted by the officials - the first goal and balance of fouls especially. However, Chelsea were completely gash and unfortunately that was by far the primary reason they lost.

Chelsea just didnt seem up for it from the very start. They'd have lost that game if John Terry had been the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.