General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually vote against whoever is in power at the time in order to limit the damage they can do. However, I've been heavily influenced by the arguments put forward by the remainers so I'm voting Tory.

Fair enough. I think the Brexit angle is a cover. If that was the reason she has had since July to do something and she repeatedly denied wanting an election. What has changed that is important enough to rattle them? Suddenly, up comes the Election fraud and with up to 30 tories looking at charges and a majority of 17, there would be a window of problems for them. To try and shut that down she has moved now, that is what has changed.
Maybe, then again the very real prospect of 100 plus extra seats may be another clue.

Simply put and by far the best post on this thread.

Times are changing. The younger generation of longer watch hrs upon hrs of TV, nor do they read newspapers, nor do they listen to Radio 4.

Unfortunately the older generation has been educated this way by the worlds governments.

No, they just sit playing games and commenting on social media, which is where they get their ammunition from, blind leading the blind in other words..!
Our generation went out and got a life, rather than dreaming of one on the internet or waiting for someone to knock on the door delivering one...
I know this to be true as I have fathered 5 of you reprobates ;-)

Denis Healey once spoke about traipsing around with Michael Foot in 1983, going to these small gatherings of Labour supporters. He said that Foot was convinced that Labour win the election because of the strength of support he received at these meetings. Try as he did, Healey couldn't convince him that they didnt reflect the wider electorate.

Shades of Arthur Scargill in the strike, one of the finest public speakers I have witnessed in person, but to be frank, in a room full of miners in Notts who hadnt eaten for a week, I think I could have whipped up a frenzy

No, they just sit playing games and commenting on social media, which is where they get their ammunition from, blind leading the blind in other words..!
Our generation went out and got a life, rather than dreaming of one on the internet or waiting for someone to knock on the door delivering one...
I know this to be true as I have fathered 5 of you reprobates ;-)

True indeed, watching the Kardashians and Big Brother and informed electorate does not make, I would like to see the break down of the demographics of who watches the televised debates, we are, i suspect dumbing down those who would previously have read the manifesto or at least the press as opposed to introducing a new audience.

Labour voters... Far left nutjobs, Stalinists, UAF, wealthy toffs, Mirror readers, Guardian readers, Beano readers, can't
read anything outside text speak readers.

Shall we do the Lib Dems next?
Simple and by far the best post on this thread.

You missed adding:

Tories... simply people that want to work hard and get on.

Last edited:
as always with the Tories, the poor are poor because they are feckless and lazy therefore deserve to be shat on at every opportunity, whether its education, health, welfare or other public services. The Tory view is the only way to make the poor get off their lazy arses is to not educate them and make there lives as miserable as possible so that they will take any job not matter how badly paid and how dangerous, so that the rich can exploit them and get richer. Then reduce the health care so they die young so they are not a tax burden on the rich in their old age.

Tories are either selfish or too stupid to see what the Tories ultimately want.

Have I missed anything?
Yes, you missed Tories are avaricuous lying fatcat cunts.

i suspect dumbing down those who would previously have read the manifesto or at least the press as opposed to introducing a new audience.
You can see that in this thread with the clamour for a TV debate to know what policies are favoured.

Much easier to sit in from of the TV than actually read a manifesto.

Simple and by far the best post on this thread.

You missed adding:

Tories... simply people that want to work hard and get on.

Edit: of course given the repeated ad hominem the left are using: Labour voters are lazy cunts. Cunts being the operate word.
All politicians are cunts. Show me an honest one and I'll show my arse in Burtons window.

And I've never once shown my arse in Burtons window.

Cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.