Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Wenger is now getting credit for his excellent back 5 v City, which mainly sat there whilst we passd the ball around them & should have gone 2-0 up. They also got away with kicking our playmaker off the fucking park, then had half time to rejig their fucking team at 0-0 instead of chasing the fucking game.

What we have had from refs this season, is not an occasional fuckup, it's a constant fucking handicap v top 6 teams & has drastically changed our season.

The officials got 2 wrong for us and 1 for them. We were 1-0 up and in control and lost 2-1, from what I remember at 1-0 there weren't any other game changing decisions.

Can't blame the ref for being 1-0 up and blowing it.

I've already replied to a poster regarding this, I will insist once more because it's absolutely crucial: The same group of players, under a different state of mind, under a different psychology, can and will perform better. We have seen it, but we haven't seen it consistently, and there are reasons for that. People have to ask themselves why. Most importantly, the man running the team from the bench and his staff have to ask the right questions. If they do and answer them correctly, they will have the material to guide them in the decisions they have to make in the summer. Otherwise they are bound to face tough realities on the pitch once again next season. Mark my words: Simply upgrading the personnel in certain positions and improving squad depth in others, even though essential, will not be enough. It doesn't work that way, never has...

Totally agree , throwing money at has proved it means fuck all , there's a big mentality issue at this club and it could well be beyond Pep.

I think people are entitled to. Not to go all Rafa but let's look at some facts here.

In 2012 we won the title. The next season we refused to invest at the same rate as our rivals. This was for an FFP that we failed anyway so brought no benefit. From that title win, it became clear that we were attempting to recreate the Barca model and the success that it brought and Mancini was not going to fit into that mold.

From 2012 to 2016 we were essentially in a holding pattern. We attempted to appoint people in key roles of the club that would work in a Pep based team. We attempted to purchase players who would play in a Pep team. We built a new Academy with all of the philosophies that Pep expected. We appointed managers that would lay foundations for Peps arrival.

Pep is one the best managers who has ever lived. His record speaks for itself and those who try to excuse it are ridiculous. But the club here was designed for him to walk in and elevate us. That hasn't happened.

Now it's fair to say that many things haven't gone to plan. FFP put a dent in our progress as did some puzzling decisions on not insisting on quotas for youth graduation. Pellegrini brought attacking mentality and started building a high line defensive system but couldn't implement it properly.

Pep was supposed to walk into a club setup for him. Instead he walked into a club with no youth promotion, a squad that was too important to sell but too aged to keep, and a system of play that required a major overhaul.

I'd argue if you build a club for the eventual appointment of that manager then that manager should not have to spend his first season implanting his core basic philosophies on it.

Pep came in with the biggest reputation in the game but has suffered the same problems as Pellegrini and Mancini before him. This club doesn't know it's a big club and doesn't act like one. It allows snail paced football from its team while those in the stands sit quietly. It allows the media and referees to dictate to us on their terms. They didn't even go after UEFA in the courts when they got screwed.

We've got the expectations of Barcelona yet the psychology of Barnsley. In almost ten years of the takeover that was designed to make us among the biggest in the world we've won two league titles and are still rolling around the same problems as we had under Hughes.

People are disappointed because we're becoming Arsenal like in writing off seasons after season.

I've no doubt that Pep will get it right because I see the changes he's making to how we play but he has not been the revolution that many including me expected because the club was not and is still not in a place where he can take it forward.
You less of an fan of txixi then? Btw I agree with what you've posted

Referee was rubbish! On that showing I can understand why he got 4/10 on his assessment by his association & after that today he only deserves minus 4/10!!
There is so much more I want to say but I need to calm down first!!!

2 things which seem to reoccur every time we play against a decent team.
1. 20 attempts but only 3 on target. Whereas opposition get same number in target from much fewer chances. Don't know how you solve this but it happens a lot and costs us.
2. Don't think it's fair blaming wingers for lack of crosses cos we break with speed get in good positions but then have no-one in the box so the ball has to be recycled back by which time opposition get bodies back. We must find a way of getting midfielders into the box.

Disappointed.

The officials got 2 wrong for us and 1 for them. We were 1-0 up and in control and lost 2-1, from what I remember at 1-0 there weren't any other game changing decisions.

You are correct, and their equaliser came when Navas had two men up against him as Sterling was nowhere to be seen.

Totally agree , throwing money at has proved it means fuck all , there's a big mentality issue at this club and it could well be beyond Pep.

Posted it several times, we are a club managed by a cheque book trying to spend our way to the top. It ain't working!

More concerned about the officials on Thursday, what new ideas will they come up with to stitch us up or will they continue with the tried and trusted.
Tried and trusted mate, they don't even have to hide it anymore and the club does fuck all about it, my neighbor is a Rangers fan so is English neutral and even he just said the officals fucked you over there mate and they were blatant with it

This leading and not winning is happening too often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.