Lucozade Recipe Changed!

No it isn't.

No it wasn't.

It's literally sugary piss, the last thing you need when ill/hungover is massive blood sugar spikes, followed by a crash.
Thats what I was trying to say. I was extremely pissed up last night. I meant the ironic thing is people thought it was good for you. Clearly it wasnt

No it isn't.

No it wasn't.

It's literally sugary piss, the last thing you need when ill/hungover is massive blood sugar spikes, followed by a crash.

This fine elixir potion was brewed in the dark recesses of Smithkline Beecham's cellars for generation after generation. SKB remain one of the finest pharmaceuticals in the world and if it wasn't healthy they surely wouldn't have made it. It was the modern day equivalent of penicillin.

Maybe it did have a splash of sucrose but that was to give back energy after the shocking govern-mental campaign to steal Children's Tonsils.

Along with 90% of my classmates we probably only had sore throats. I also had my Appendix harvested. No one bothered to ask if I had just eaten 2LB of Daz drops the day before ?

Anyway you cant lie on adverts and if it wasn't for Lucozade I don't think I would be here today to tell the tale.

Last edited:
i know i was being funny about just adding your sugar but its cheaper making your own drinks with glucose powder and i do it sometimes when under weather and you control the amount and taste

Orange lucozade is the nicest drink on the planet. Or rather it was... i honestly didn't know they'd cut the sugar when i opened a new 6 pack yesterday, then thought bloody hell this tastes disgusting. My other half had a sip, he agreed. Then i noticed this thread! We're off on a shopping raid tomorrow to find the old stock while we can ;)

Seriously though, those knocking lucozade, you are just thinking of the regular one. Go find an orange one that still has the sugar and you will think it is gorgeous! The new one tasted of sweetner, it left a powder taste in my mouth, it is so bad i just wont buy the new stuff. It was just nothing like it. RIP my habit, looks like i'm fully back on the caffeine free diet coke. Bit of a joke eh that 2 two drink habits were one full of sugar and one full of nothing ;)

I conducted a survey at work today of known Lucozade drinkers in the Rossendale Valley and the results were startling.
Out of twelve Lucozade drinkers eight were spacially aware that Lucozade no longer tasted of Lucozade.
Only three people attributed this to the brands fifty per cent reduction in sugar.
One customer mentioned she would still buy the product because she did not want to make a fuss.
And one customer seventy seven year old Al**rt Jo***tone continued to estow of it's health benefit saying.
"I have drunk it since being a lad and will continue to do so even if it does now taste off piss"

On a personal note I am not a regular drinker but would use it if I took ill to aid my recovery.
A placebo effect ..Its possible but it's also very reassuring to see that orange bottle stood by your bedside cabinet in times of distress and angst.
If you buy a product from a pharmacutical for 1.35 billion then why go and faff around with the ingrediants.
The Japanese should stick to Sake
Konnichiwa

It has totally screwed me over this and they are getting a mildly worded letter noting my lack of enthusiasm for this new recipe. I now have to go to Morrissons every few days to stock up on Sicilian lemonade and purdeys. They are the last two drinks i can neck besides water, actually purdeys is arguably better than proper original lucozade (orange has to much sugar for me, it tastes a bit syrup heavy). Purdeys it is for me from now on supplemented by Sicilian lemonade.

It has totally screwed me over this and they are getting a mildly worded letter noting my lack of enthusiasm for this new recipe. I now have to go to Morrissons every few days to stock up on Sicilian lemonade and purdeys. They are the last two drinks i can neck besides water, actually purdeys is arguably better than proper original lucozade (orange has to much sugar for me, it tastes a bit syrup heavy). Purdeys it is for me from now on supplemented by Sicilian lemonade.

Can you not get Tizer?

This fine elixiriol potion was brewed in the dark recesses of Smithkinebeechams cellars for generation after generation.
SKB remain one of the finest pharmacuticals in the world and if it wasn't healthy they surely wouldn't have made it.
It was the modern day equivilent of penicillin.

Maybe it did have a splash of sucrose but that was to give back energy after the shocking govermental campaign to steal childrens Tonsils.
Along with 90% of my classmates we probably only had sore throats.
I also had my Appendix harvested. No one bothered to ask if I had just eaten 2LB of daz drops the day before ?

Anyway you cant lie on adverts and if it wasn't for Lucozade I don't think I would be here today to tell the tale.

8x0d5i.jpg
Hope the Mrs May doesn't see this. Big savings potential for the NHS. Why spend all that money on drugs and hospitals when you can just give everyone a bottle of that? Now I think of it, I'm sure I saw that on the side of a bus, last June!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.