The battle for 3rd place

Do you all really care about being in the CL so much ?

I couldn't give a fuck !

Get this season over, finish wherever we finish, get some new players in and then let's see what Pep can make of it.

Fretting over top 4 ? Nah, I'm okay thanks !

The four remaining fixtures are probably against the teams we have most problems with. They are organised, defend in depth and are good at set pieces and with pace on the break.

We've taken nine points from 12 against the same teams in the corresponding fixtures this season, so there are causes for optimism. Granted, our away form has been better than at home but none of the four clubs really has anything to play for bar Palace, and they're already virtually safe.

I couldn't give a fuck !

Get this season over, finish wherever we finish, get some new players in and then let's see what Pep can make of it.

Its not so much the top 4, its the europa league, I want to avoid at all costs. Its a really tiresome competition with a lot of games and a lot of travelling etc.

I couldn't give a fuck !

Yes. It's all about progression and without it, it will slow us down. if someone else gets it, that also propels them forward. They are also the best nights of the season.

I couldn't give a fuck !

Yeah, after all who needs the £50M to balance the books, entice players, pay them, etc, etc, etc...

Oh yeah, and it is the reason the owner bought the team, so if you want all the stuff you say you want, and like the way the owner has built the club, you should be demanding CL qualification...at a minimum...or maybe the bubble bursts and he sells the rest of the club to China. Would that be better?

We've taken nine points from 12 against the same teams in the corresponding fixtures this season, so there are causes for optimism. Granted, our away form has been better than at home but none of the four clubs really has anything to play for bar Palace, and they're already virtually safe.
Palace should stay up, but if they do lose against us, then they have to play a massive game at home to Hull the following week, and they wont want that. Hull play Sunderland at home at the weekend, so if Palace lose to us, and Hull beat Sunderland, then that Palace v Hull game would become massive.

Yeah, after all who needs the £50M to balance the books, entice players, pay them, etc, etc, etc...

Oh yeah, and it is the reason the owner bought the team, so if you want all the stuff you say you want, and like the way the owner has built the club, you should be demanding CL qualification...at a minimum...or maybe the bubble bursts and he sells the rest of the club to China. Would that be better?

The owner didn't buy the team to get CL qualification this year. He bought it with the intention of making City the best football club in the world. Missing out on CL football for a season is a blip and of little consequence. If however that trend continued then Pep would no doubt be on his way.
However, Pep is here to build a team and the current personnel are not up to it ergo missing top 4 this year is understandable.
The world will keep turning ! Keep calm missing top 4 would not be a catastrophe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.