Diving bans approved

Sterling will spend about 12 games banned next season now, regardless of if he dives or not.

Also, this is going to lead to the spineless ****s like Oliver handing out pens and red cards for dives, or letting dives go unpunished, as they can hide behind the retrospective action.

There's a reason this is the most popular domestic league... Gambling industry.
And if it works for them it's put in to place.

Video Tech. Is there and should be used, as should the mic'ing of Refs and instant reds for do showing disrespect to the ref.
But no no...

Well, it's not wanting the referee to have the final call, as retrospective action already takes that away and there's nothing stopping the referee from reviewing the replay on the big screen for major decisions.

Edit: plus, referees make decisions from misleading angles all the time and any other sport using VR reviews from multiple angles.

The ref is still the one making the on-pitch decision. I think that if you use VR for this, you need it for everything. Think how long it took BT to note/find the angle at Wembley of Aguero being nudged over - that's not likely to work as a stoppage - if the angles aren't quickly available, it'll lead to even more doubt.

You may be right, I just don't agree in this case!

Only incidents that result in a penalty, a red card, or a yellow card that leads to a dismissal - either the first or second of two yellow cards - will be punished.
The FA says it will act "where there is clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation, and as a direct result, the offending player's team has been awarded a penalty and/or an opposing player has been dismissed".

What happens in Scotland?
BBC Scotland's Richard Wilson:

The Scottish Football Association compliance officer - Tony McGlennan - reviews incidents in matches and determines whether or not notices of complaint should be raised.

If a player is deemed to have dived during a game and the match officials did not recognise that at the time, the player will be issued with a disciplinary notice.

The player can then either acknowledge guilt and accept the punishment offered by the compliance officer, or appeal.

If it is the latter, a hearing is convened with an independent three-man panel - including people from legal and football backgrounds - who consider the case made by the compliance officer and the player before making a ruling.

Football Association approves retrospective action for players diving
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

Not sure I'm happy about this. Although I think diving should be punished I really don't like the UNANIMOUS decision bit. Utd have got away with murder this season with one of the Naughty Boy panel of 3 always disagreeing when Utd are effected and letting Rojo, Turnip and other Utd players get away without a ban. The panel should be increased to 4 and a 3/4 majority be required for a ban. In addition the meaning of deliberate needs to be tied down. The Sane booking for example against WBA it wasn't a booking and it wasn't a foul. He tried to get through a gap that that didn't exist when he got there.

Last edited:
So this bit
If a player is deemed to have dived during a game and the match officials did not recognise that at the time, the player will be issued with a disciplinary notice.
So as i said before the ref just books the favoured players and they won't get a ban? dodgy as fuck

Will it also work the other way around? For example if a player gets booked for a dive, which wasn't one, will the yellow card be nullified retrospectively?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.