Champions league groups 2017/18

The football media should be hammering this but they're complicit.
Complicit in what? Utd have been winning games in European competition and the club coefficients are there for all to see online any time you want

Seeded (confirmed): Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Benfica, Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Monaco, Spartak Moscow

Pot 2 (provisional): Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Sevilla*, Man City, FC Porto, Man United

Pot 3 (provisional): Napoli*, Tottenham, FC Basel, Dynamo Kiev*, Ajax*, Olympiakos*, Anderlecht, Liverpool*

Pot 4: All other qualifying clubs, which could include Roma*, RB Leipzig, Celtic*, Nice* and Feyenoord

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/manchester-...roup-stage-draw-pot-2-after-europa-league-win

It's not set in stone, but if that remains, then Spurs and Liverpool have a good chance of a group of death. Look at Group 2. They have to play 1 of Barcelona, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund, Sevilla or Porto. Pot 1 has some beatable teams in it. I'd like another crack at Monaco.

Now the darlings of the media Dippers and the Scum have joined via the back door who is going to get the group of death.
Oh wait a minute it's us
Let's wait and see but I'd put a tidy wedge on the chosen ones toddling off to the lowest ranks teams.
5 English teams could make for a very interesting draw,see you in Barca Madrid or Munich!

I don't understand the point of this thread. Firstly, we can't draw Barca, they will be in pot two with us. To the person who said we'll be battling in Milan, that would be a good draw as both Milan teams are too poor to qualify for the competition. We have 3 teams out of possible 7 (Madrid, Juve, Munich) who would be a tough draw from pot1, the other teams (Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Shaktar, Monaco) should all be beatable.

The dippers haven't even qualified yet. The scum haven't joined through the back door. They won a trophy to gain entry, whether we like it or not that's a better achievement than finishing third and expecting an easy group.

It's very simple. If we win the league we'll be in pot 1. Until we start beating Barca/Madrid/Juve/Munich on a regular basis we aren't going to win the thing anyway.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Firstly, we can't draw Barca, they will be in pot two with us. To the person who said we'll be battling in Milan, that would be a good draw as both Milan teams are too poor to qualify for the competition. We have 3 teams out of possible 7 (Madrid, Juve, Munich) who would be a tough draw from pot1, the other teams (Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Shaktar, Monaco) should all be beatable.

The dippers haven't even qualified yet. The scum haven't joined through the back door. They won a trophy to gain entry, whether we like it or not that's a better achievement than finishing third and expecting an easy group.

It's very simple. If we win the league we'll be in pot 1. Until we start beating Barca/Madrid/Juve/Munich on a regular basis we aren't going to win the thing anyway.
I'd rather be 9 points better off in the league than being the best of Anderlecht, Celta Vigo, Ajax etc. They were 6th and 9 points worse of in the league which means that they are still a significant way behind us let alone the Champions. The significant aspect is that they are going to spend another £200m in the Summer which can't be good for us. Everyone thinks that City just need another transfer window for Guardiola to assemble a winning team forgetting that we are one of at least 6 Premiership clubs who will be spending vey heavily this Summer. This just makes it even more difficult to get the players we want

The changes mean pot 2 isn't a bad place to be. Avoid Barca, Athletico etc. Horrific to be in pot 3 or 4.
That's exactly my thought. I just assumed Liverpool and Spurs would be in Pot 2. Killer being in pot 3. Apparently Spurs are borderline and could end up n Pot 2 depending on who qualifies

I had a look last week, its as clear as mud. I suppose it depends who wins the EL.
If the CL winners don't qualify by league position then they go straight into the Group stage as holders - e.g. if Leicester had won it - otherwise the EL winners go into the group stage, as Sevilla did in the season just finished because CL holders Real Madrid had already qualified via La Liga.

looking at the groups seeds and tuesday and Wednesday games when you can only have 1 team playing on the same night from each town
its not going to be a open draw again you watch city will be put in a group with real madrid and uefa saying the rules are rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.