Pep's contract situation

I want him to stay and rate him highly but he knew what he was signing up for. If he wanted a ready made super team with a load of plastics he should have stayed where he was (The Nou Camp is the biggest morgue in football). Publicly backing the club/fans instead of putting us down will go a long way to endearing fans who haven't quite warmed to him yet.

Next season I don't want to hear about Utd or Liverpools history or anything else that'll create negativity, Mancini and Pellegrini didn't have a problem beating them and neither should he. He's on the verge of building something really special, lets hope he buys into it for the long haul.

He did but I don't think he was ever impressed by it (mentality) that's why he's trying to change it.

Everything city are doing at the moment is out of sync with the community and it's core support.

It's for another thread this, but the long and short is that the club is changing (for the wrong reasons in many people's eyes)

This isn't news,it was stated by TH a while back.
I thought that. Either way it is good news. I was always uneasy about the 3 year stay thing. From where we were it was never going to be enough,we'd neglected so many areas since the first title win. Last season was poor ,not helped by the man himself at times,with his own players and that season under his belt I think we'll smash it this time round. He now knows the size of the task and the demands of the prem.

Great news. There were rumblings of this months back because it was muted he was going to re-generate the first team with players that could not only provide instant improvement but ones that would in around 4-5 years be at the peak of their powers.

Pep himself I believe has mentioned that he doesn't expect City under him to start fully implementing his playing style until his 3rd year.

Let's hope his family have settled and enjoy Manchester?

That will be a huge factor in Pep staying.

But, haven't we heared a similar story a few months back?

Not only that, but Manchester city centre will have at least a further 15 skyscrapers in 5 years time.

That in itself is worth staying for. :-)

I'm in the Prince Charles camp !

Last edited:
I hope he signs.

He has planted the seed - Removed the old guard, the dead wood, individuals who were not good enough.

It's a long term project and he needs to see this through with the backing from the club
and most importantly win over the fans.

By not wining any silverware this year and I think has now put more pressure on him for next season to win something.

The media loved it when he arrived and that same media have gone to town with him by referring to it as a huge failure this season.

I disagree! I've said from day one we wouldn't win the league with this current squad and he is now started to put his mould on it and we can see it.

Next season, this is when I can start to fully judge him.

This guy hopefully will transform us into a bloody great team and win lots of trophies.

Hopefully it's a nice long term contract! Signing the likes of Jesus, sane, silva, mendy, Fabinho, ederson etc he needs to be here as they are coming to play for him and he can make us a European power house finally!

It strikes me that Pep enjoys challenges. After awhile, Barca was so dominant, and the pressure so great, that football just wasn't fun.

At Bayern, he took over a team that just did the treble - although he (perhaps arguably) improved them, he was unable to win the CL - and maybe with all those quality players - he just felt that the job wasn't challenging enough.

But at City - with far less pressure - and an aging team in need of a huge overhaul - here's a huge challenge. And one that may take more than 3 years to come to complete fruition.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic - but I hope that Pep decides to stick with us for the next 5 years at least.

It strikes me that Pep enjoys challenges. After awhile, Barca was so dominant, and the pressure so great, that football just wasn't fun.

At Bayern, he took over a team that just did the treble - although he (perhaps arguably) improved them, he was unable to win the CL - and maybe with all those quality players - he just felt that the job wasn't challenging enough.

But at City - with far less pressure - and an aging team in need of a huge overhaul - here's a huge challenge. And one that may take more than 3 years to come to complete fruition.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic - but I hope that Pep decides to stick with us for the next 5 years at least.

I honestly think he will mate. When all this 3 years mularchy was being driven into us by the haters in particular, i said to my mate there is noway he wont stay beyond that,noway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.