Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

That makes two of us.
Well over half the goals we conceded last season were due to our central DM being outnumbered at some point in the move. Especially against the rest of the top 6.

With Kompany or a new centre back alongside two new full backs, we will be much better at the back. We still need a quality defensive mid. Toure as the pivot will be suicidal next season, we need a player in there who can defend a bit better if we're going to play with two number 8's.

That makes two of us.
Well over half the goals we conceded last season were due to our central DM being outnumbered at some point in the move. Especially against the rest of the top 6.
make it three the scarcity of links to a top cdm worries me, we wont win jack shit without a deep lying midfield controller.

well we have garcia who can play that role not sure if pep will use him or send him on loan.

I rate him and would like to see him get the chance. Defensive midfield is bit of a head fuck for me, especially with peps system. We all say the pivot when referring to a pep defensive midfielder. In peps previous teams he's had xabi alonso and busquets, neither are blessed with physical attributes. That to me suggests Garcia would be able to do the job. But with this being the prem, would it be wise to go a bit more defensive in this position. You have to consider a midfield of gundogan/de bruyne silva/silva as lightweight. You see chelseas midfield and it's a bit of a mismatch. Spurs is the same too. Looking back at most great prem teams, they've always had that strength in midfield.

I rate him and would like to see him get the chance. Defensive midfield is bit of a head fuck for me, especially with peps system. We all say the pivot when referring to a pep defensive midfielder. In peps previous teams he's had xabi alonso and busquets, neither are blessed with physical attributes. That to me suggests Garcia would be able to do the job. But with this being the prem, would it be wise to go a bit more defensive in this position. You have to consider a midfield of gundogan/de bruyne silva/silva as lightweight. You see chelseas midfield and it's a bit of a mismatch. Spurs is the same too. Looking back at most great prem teams, they've always had that strength in midfield.
Maybe that's why we're targeting carvalho

My thinking is - we extended Yaya for a reason. We have a target in mind at DM but he's obviously not immediately available. Fabinho doesn't fit the bill that Pep requires, yet Yaya did an adequate job in the position to the point that, perhaps, a rotation with Fernandinho could be enough in the short term.

I don't think we're really in on Carvalho, but we'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.