What's your favourite decade for football?

The 60's for me

My first season as regular home match goer we got relegated

3 seasons in Div 2

Joe and Mal rock up we get promoted to Div1, consolidate, win Div1, win FA Cup then early 70 win first European Trophy

Lots of great trips across England and to Europe too ... frequent user of the Friday night special from Aytoun Street for away games

Happy Days

Kind
Mine is the 1970's. Partly because it was when I started watching football - and more importantly, City; but also beause tactical levels in that decade increased enormously. The game became much more cerebral, imo.

What's your golden decade?
Never watched us as I was to young any thoughts on the 77 season when we were runners up it seems to be overlooked by everyone.

mine was the 70s as a youngster,all the players were all heros,the world of football was wonderous,as you get older you become more cynical.

aslo I enjoy watching the fans from that decade, all looked brilliant,scarves round wrist flares,tight jumpers bovver boots and long hair ,and the songs at the match seemed better,not to mention the hooligans :)

I remember hair!

Not the least bit nostalgic about the hooliganism but, in general, I'm a 70's boy: my teenage years started and just about ended in that decade so everything seemed more exciting because it was such a voyage of discovery. City were often very entertaining to watch and I still count Rodney Marsh as the most entertaining player we have had. Also, it only took 30 mins to an hour to get home after a game.

Away from City, the Brazil side of 1970 and the Dutch team that came along in '74 were fantastic sights. I loved to watch Cryuff and having his protege in charge at City fills my heart with gladness. This current decade has been pretty decent and I am hoping the remainder of it will be very special.

For me, from 2010 on - matches in high-res, so you're much more able to appreciate what's going on.

Plus the ability to record games/download games from other sites in case you missed it.

Yeah - there were great players games in prior decades - but with lack of high-res or maybe even no ability to see these games whatsoever - the greatness of past decades is either diminished or totally lost.

I have enjoyed all the decades from the late 80s to now. I haven't liked the direction it's moved in though with money and players out of touch for with the fans however.

Last season was the best I've seen for performances since 87 yet sadly no medal to show for it. I've seen 4 medals in 25 years or so, but no relegation yet. Plenty of shite along the way but some wonderful players we've had

I used to be more obsessed with remembering other teams players and the international scene but these days o couldn't even tell you eleven Burnley or Hull players or even eleven that make up international teams from the likes of Scotland Ireland's and Wales

The 00's for me, 2000 to 2010. So many top class players in their prime during that period.

[QUOTE="Pell, post: 10265442, member: The 00's for me, 2000 to 2010. So many top class players in their prime during that period.[/QUOTE]
I'm a bit nostalgic with City I loved Kinkladze and Rosler and the look of Maine Road roof. We have always had some cracking games even when we were both shite and both had the red half taking the piss out of us. Finally Spurs joined you finishing above their red neighbours. Just need Everton to follow both clubs now

those of us lucky enough to of seen it will say the 70s for sure, everything was better the players the fans the beer the girls the music, top away days cheap tickets, even international football was better, with great players all over the world, and of course the Kippax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.