What's your favourite decade for football?

2000's for me. Keegan arrived and we started playing stuff I didn't recognise as football! Having first gone in the 70's and having a season ticket since 86, I obviously saw some terrible games, as well as one or two really memorable ones. I moved 200 miles away in 1989 but still kept going. Leading up to the 2000's, we had 7 seasons out of 8 in different divisions and I thought that was as good as it would get. Then Keegan arrived and I thought it might be a brilliant or chaotic appointment. Happily, it was a bit of both! Steaming through Division 1 I thought it was, by far and away the best football I'd seen city play over a season.
We then move into the Commonwealth stadium and, even though I'd been to the games, that first time against Barcelona took my breath away. I had a huge amount of optimism at the time, not realising the financial turmoil going on at the club. Even getting knocked out of Europe by Groclin didn't dampen my enthusiasm.
Then came Pearce and I so wanted him to do well. Suffice to say, he didn't. When Sven took over, was when I knew we'd arrived! Sadly, another false dawn involving a home gate of 20,000 in September and the diabolical performance at Boro. Another Lamb to the slaughter arrived in the shape of Hughes and I had no confidence in him at all but, once they're appointed, you try to find the positives.
Then came September 1st 2008. City takeover in the news, didn't believe a word of it, City in for Berbatov, Ferguson at airport to pick him up, everyone laughing at city then, breaking news: city sign Robinho! Is that Bob Robinho from Montrose? Hughes asked and doesn't seem to know but, apparently, it's the real one and we've got him. And then, in 2009, Roberto arrives and the rest, as they say, is history. What a decade that was!

For City 2000s

For football in general the 80s

that Brazil team of 82 best I've ever seen and won nothing beautiful football

Bananas, fancy dress, atmosphere, banter, characters, proper football stands, proper kits, adidas tango ball, maradona, zico, platini, Belgium and Argentina 86, Mexico wave, black and white boots, bucket hats, adidas originals,

Loved the 80s even though we were shite for most of it

Mid to late 70's. The 80's were a complete car crash.

First game i ever attended at Burnden, there were 43,000 on in the old Second Division and it wasn't even the biggest crowd of the season!

1970's. Much though we loved City, much though it was a bit tribal and savage at times, ultimately it was just fun - something that didn't resurface again until the late 2000's.

Medical science has come to far judging of when some of you old duffers thought the best decade. Fuck off and give those who are living by legitimate means room to live you doctor appointment hogging ****s :-D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.