Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
None really to the level we aspire to. Although Ben Mee and Trippier could have been useful.

Suarez as well to be fair but Mee isn't good enough for us but his made a decent career and Trippier is a second choice full back at a decent club but had to go down a level for a few years. They arent really players that you think what were we thinking letting them go.

We can, but we don't take them, so we never find out.

It never has & never will be, 'a gamble' to try out young players.

It is a myth & I think it actually started on here. You rarely hear anyone in football agree with it. They always say the complete opposite.

The risk to the club is if we decide to start them in league games and we end up paying for their mistakes as they learn, having said that though it's a risk(a lesser one since an academy graduate has far more to learn) even with seasoned professionals settling into a new team so there are always risks just different levels of them.

If we were at the top of the table with points to spare, I think we'd see Pep using a lot more youth, although there would still be those who would complain about it if we lost a game we could afford to lose as a result of it. Those who want to have their cake and eat it... the success without any setbacks along the way to get there, knowing some they'd probably bash the player so bad that it would be hard for Pep to use them again for a while.

How does it work with academy players btw can we name them on the bench in the odd game or do they need to be registered in the 25man squad?

The risk to the club is if we decide to start them in league games and we end up paying for their mistakes as they learn, having said that though it's a risk(a lesser one since an academy graduate has far more to learn) even with seasoned professionals settling into a new team so there are always risks just different levels of them.

If we were at the top of the table with points to spare, I think we'd see Pep using a lot more youth, although there would still be those who would complain about it if we lost a game we could afford to lose as a result of it. Those who want to have their cake and eat it... the success without any setbacks along the way to get there, knowing some they'd probably bash the player so bad that it would be hard for Pep to use them again for a while.

How does it work with academy players btw can we name them on the bench in the odd game or do they need to be registered in the 25man squad?

Most academy players are a free pick as far as the Prem & Champs Lg squads go.

In the Champs League they have to be at the club for several years before 21. Then they don't need to be named in the main squad. The Prem is pretty much anyone u 21 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.