Make this season Claudio Bravo's season

He made plenty of saves for us last season, not enough mind but the exaggeration there is exactly what people are talking about when they say the criticism is disproportionate.

He is a world class keeper that suffered a dramatic dip in form.

Rag inferiority complex rearing it's head in your third para, not pretty.

It wasn't just pride from Pep, he backed him to turn it around but the situation became toxic because the dissenting voices in the ground grew louder making it more difficult for him to get that bit of confidence needed.

He is good enough, he's proved that, ridiculous assertion considering.
He's forgotten De Gea's first season as well

He was poor last season and I understand the criticism but to be honest some of our 'fans' were on his back before he even started just because he replaced Hart (who was equally bad last season). The ironic cheers certainly won't have helped.

He is clearly a good keeper that went through a bad season. It would be nice if he had our support when he plays and I'm sure we'll see a better player next season.

I think Guardiola will rotate him with Emerson, just as he will with the rest of the squad. It is better to have 2 top keepers vying for the starting role.

He was poor last season and I understand the criticism but to be honest some of our 'fans' were on his back before he even started just because he replaced Hart (who was equally bad last season). The ironic cheers certainly won't have helped.

He is clearly a good keeper that went through a bad season. It would be nice if he had our support when he plays and I'm sure we'll see a better player next season.

I think Guardiola will rotate him with Emerson, just as he will with the rest of the squad. It is better to have 2 top keepers vying for the starting role.
Don't forget hart will be back too

I understand where you're coming from, but Bravo was useless last season. He made more saves yesterday than he did for us for the whole of last season.

The matter that concerned me last season was Guardiola repeatedly saying he was a world class keeper, when it was blindingly obvious to most he was anything but.
Any manager with any sense supports their players in public.
There is a long list of evidence to suggest that criticising people is counterproductive.

The Captain of Chile speaks to his players. We need to embrace this man so he feels like the centre of MCFC then he can do this for us

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Emocionante arenga de Claudio Bravo <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChilevsPortugal?src=hash">#ChilevsPortugal</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/VamosChile?src=hash">#VamosChile</a> <a href="https://t.co/C3ochD3k00">pic.twitter.com/C3ochD3k00</a></p>&mdash; Chile Histórico (@History_Chile) <a href="">June 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You can see the respect and love he commands from Chile fans and players. Some would like to throw in the money bullshit "ffs he's a millionaire...just perform", the truth is that football is a very in-the-moment sport. It in't a month long marathon. You barely have time to catch your breath and compose yourself. And once your own fans turn on you, jeering at every mistake or save behind the post, even the most confident of players will start shitting their pants. At the end of the day, players are human too. You can see how Sterling gets visibly affected when he gets booed at Anfield. The mental aspect of the game is as important as the physical one. He had a shit season, make no mistake, but making fun of any City player is not good. Criticise the player all you want, but don't make a mockery of him, at least for as long as that player plays for us.

He was clearly prepared - watched the video of Willy stuffin the Dippers over and over again. I thought the look on the face of the third Portuguese pen taker told it all. "I don't want to take this one! Where's Ronnie?" Well, FakeRon was hanging fire for the glory of the fifth pen -which sadly wasn't to be!

One in the eye for Mourinho, too! (See what I did there?)

You can see the respect and love he commands from Chile fans and players. Some would like to throw in the money bullshit "ffs he's a millionaire...just perform", the truth is that football is a very in-the-moment sport. It in't a month long marathon. You barely have time to catch your breath and compose yourself. And once your own fans turn on you, jeering at every mistake or save behind the post, even the most confident of players will start shitting their pants. At the end of the day, players are human too. You can see how Sterling gets visibly affected when he gets booed at Anfield. The mental aspect of the game is as important as the physical one. He had a shit season, make no mistake, but making fun of any City player is not good. Criticise the player all you want, but don't make a mockery of him, at least for as long as that player plays for us.

And for goalies it's the worst kind of moment! A striker misses a penalty and the likelihood is that he can redeem himself by chalking up a goal later on. A goalie lets in a soft 'un and it's there till the end of the game and you have to rely on others to shovel up yer shit! 'Tis a lonely position at times!

I don't see where the he's still shit comments really come from. Football is football. It just means he needs to settle in. And whatever you think of Bravo's last season it was 10 x better than De Gea's first season. The difference was he wasn't replacing a Utd hero, and he had a friendly media.
I hate reading stuff like this. Firstly who cares how a very young keeper at the start of his career did at united in his first season, compared to a 33 year old who is unlikely to have anywhere near the same scope for improvement, what is the relevance? Secondly, I think you're wrong anyway. Don't get me wrong, de gea was not good at all in his first season but Bravo's season was 10x better? Are you fucking sure? I think it would literally be impossible for anyone to be 10x worse than Bravo was for us last season, sticking an outfield player in goal last season wouldn't have been 10x worse. If I was pushed, I'd say Bravo's season was worse than de gea's first season but as I said, I'm not sure why we are even bothering to compare.

I hate reading stuff like this. Firstly who cares how a very young keeper at the start of his career did at united in his first season, compared to a 33 year old who is unlikely to have anywhere near the same scope for improvement, what is the relevance? Secondly, I think you're wrong anyway. Don't get me wrong, de gea was not good at all in his first season but Bravo's season was 10x better? Are you fucking sure? I think it would literally be impossible for anyone to be 10x worse than Bravo was for us last season, sticking an outfield player in goal last season wouldn't have been 10x worse. If I was pushed, I'd say Bravo's season was worse than de gea's first season but as I said, I'm not sure why we are even bothering to compare.
No clearly I am not sure about 10 x better! It's a turn of phrase. You have forgotten about the dropped crosses.

bravo does not need to learn any new skills. I am quite shocked that anyone would think that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.