It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see any part of Pep's approach that would suggest that he would like to get rid of Sergio or that having Alexis and Mbappe are mutually exclusive.

For me his approach would signal having Sergio and Alexis and Mbappe so he has the next few years sorted and then Jesus, Sane, Mbappe and others for the long term

It's remarkable.

He apparently wasn't praising him in the right way.

Aguero will soon be leaving & we have to sign players because of it. It might overlap this season or it might end up being next season, but if we see the players available, we have to try.

Last paragraph is what I've been saying all along. We got fleeced over fullbacks because we replaced to late, we can't do that with Sergio or the prices being quoted this time will be peanuts to next year.

I cannot see any part of Pep's approach that would suggest that he would like to get rid of Sergio or that having Alexis and Mbappe are mutually exclusive.

For me his approach would signal having Sergio and Alexis and Mbappe so he has the next few years sorted and then Jesus, Sane, Mbappe and others for the long term

I doubt either would play cf anyhow.

Agreed.

Kun only leaves if he asks to leave imo.

To be fair your are reading to much into my post - I was just noting that squad is pretty good for the money spent
It is - but once the cycle runs through they will have to rebuild and they will be paying a lot more like most teams in the current market - Staggering how much fees have escalated in the last year or two.

Last paragraph is what I've been saying all along. We got fleeced over fullbacks because we replaced to late, we can't do that with Sergio or the prices being quoted this time will be peanuts to next year.

Should also be a young player replaces Aguero when he goes imo, & that backs up Signing Mbappe, but not really Sanchez, as then we have Serge, Yaya, D Silva, Kompany Sanchez, all.world class players who could all be leaving in the next few years.

Pep says Kun staying, Khaldoon says Kun staying, Kun says Kun staying.........what is there not to understand!
Let's leave the topic to die a natural death and stop stoking the fire!

Pep says Kun staying, Khaldoon says Kun staying, Kun says Kun staying.........what is there not to understand!
Let's leave the topic to die a natural death and stop stoking the fire!
Some people can't help themselves, shiny new toys seem better to some than traditional ones that function very well

Should also be a young player replaces Aguero when he goes imo, & that backs up Signing Mbappe, but not really Sanchez, as then we have Serge, Yaya, D Silva, Kompany Sanchez, all.world class players who could all be leaving in the next few years.
Sanchez definitely isn't a replacement for Aguero, Mbappe probably would be. But replacing 5 world class players over 3 summers isn't a huge deal. Next summer will probably see Toure replaced and possibly Aguero too, the others fitness permitting would be either 2019 or 2020, David Silva's replacement may already be with us.
Only having to bring in 2 players each summer is very different to this summers wholesale changes. It's a position Madrid and Bayern have got themselves into which means they can put all their energy into a couple of targets, and it's a position Barca are in danger of losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.