Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never ever go into a City game 100% convinced we will win.
I think this will be a hard game and we need to be up for it if we want 3pts.

Ederson

Walker Kompany Stones Danilo

Sterling KDB Yaya Silva Sane

Aguero

Thats the team i would play. 4-5-1

Bring Jesus on for last 30min
Bring Dinho on for Yaya if we are winning around 70.
Bernardo on for Sterling 70.

I can't see us using 3412 for the past three games only to go back to 433

The back three and keepe pick themselves

Fernandinho and silva as the deepest pair with walker and Danilo as wingbacks

Kev just behind aguero and Sterling

Ederson

Kompany stones otamendi

Walker Fernandinho silva Danilo

De bruyne

Sterling aguero

Bench of bravo , tosin , toure , Bernardo , sane , Jesus , foden

Brighton 0 City 4

Intrigued by the team we put out and the formation we use. 3 or 4 at the back 2 or 3 up top??? Really don't want to see sane used at left wing back but pep seems to think to get the best out of Sergio and Jesus is to play a 2 up top?? Yo get the best out of kdb and merlin we need a shield so for me we can't fit all these players in any of these systems and get the very best out of any players. Me personally would only use the 3-5-2 in the tough games is top 4/5 games against everyone else would see us play 4-1-4-1

Ederson

Walker
Vinny
Otamendi
Danilo

Yaya

Jesus/sterling
Kdb
Silva
Sane

Aguero

Bench
Bravo
Stones
Mangala
Diniho
Bernardo
Sterling
Diaz

My head is just baffled with what's the best way to go and not doing my fantasy football team any favours.

Hey MarsLlama, a few thoughts from the otherside.

One person saying you struggle in the first game, does not represent everyone. We live in our own little Brighton bubble where to be perfectly honest with you most fans haven't got a clue how City usually perform in the first game because we don't support City.

Now some fans of course will consume the media bullshit - but I think you'd be suprised by how few know much of anything that happens in football outside of Brighton. It's amazing how many of our fans say "Who?" when we sign player, no more evident than when we signed Vicente a few years back.

As for arrogance, the thread you have quoted from has a poll for predicitng the result where if my maths is correct 62% of the responses are predicting a City win. Only 12% think we'll win.

I think you are reading way to much into people who think we will score as some sort of insult to City. We've just been promoted, we're excited for the first game, we're realistic enough to know we'll probably come away empty handed. Should we all just not bother turning up because it's a fact we'll lose by 4 or more goals to nil?

The hope for many I suspect is that we come away with some positives to take into the following two away games. We did well against Atletico on Sunday. Kept a good defensive shape, worked hard for each other, made good blocks and when we got the ball we gave them some problems too. We lost 3-2 but we competed. More of the same would do me, although I'd obviously be delighted if we did get a point or three.

You're in the Prem now fella... I hope you lose the " youre shiiiiiiiiiiiiit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" on goalkicks.. its so lower league ;)

Having been a Brighton fan since we used pounds, shillings and pence I thought I'd add my two penny worth - sorry! Anyway, thanks for letting me post on your board and here are few points from a Seagull's perspective :

The vast majority of Albion fans, well let's make that all, are counting the hours and minutes to this match. For us this is an occasion to relish, our first game back in the top flight since 1983, and if memory serves me well it was your goodselves that confirmed our relegation by thrashing us 1-0 at the Goldstone, and I woz there! A few weeks later we had the consolation of the FA Cup final against the red bit of your city, they did, we didn't, and the rest is history. From then on we went on a perpetual downward spiral with the odd blip of good fortune for the next 25+ years, essentially until we moved to the Amex in 2011. I won't bore you with the trials and tribulations of that period as it's covered elsewhere on this thread.

So, onto Saturday. Most Brighton fans, the realistic ones anyway, are expecting a City win but hoping for a draw or a shock win. Hey-ho you never know!

For those of you travelling down for the game a few tips :

Your match ticket entitles you to free travel on the buses and trains both to Brighton and Falmer within a designated area. The details will be on your match ticket or go on the club website.
The train journey from Brighton to Falmer takes 9 minutes, the stadium is right next to the station. Suggest that you leave Brighton station at no later than 4.30 as there will be a queuing system and the trains will be rammed. As an alternative, you could park in Lewes (if you're driving) use the pubs there and catch the train to Falmer (6 minutes).

After the match the Amex concourse bars are open for a couple of hours, so stay for a couple of pints until the queues for both the trains and park & ride buses have died down.

The best place to drink is in central Brighton (and Lewes),with some great pubs all within walking distance of the station. A few recommendations - the Prince Albert, the Lord Nelson, the Prince George all in Trafalgar Street. The Evening Star, for real ale and cider drinkers, in Surrey street and loads more. The away fans pub is the Helmstone (Wetherspoons) in West Street, just walk out of Brighton station and down towards the Clock Tower and seafront (it's about a 10 minute walk) - if you get your feet wet you've gone too far! You can go on pubs/bars/restaurants sites in Brighton for other suggestions but you're spoilt for choice.

So that's about it, hope you have a cracking day out and that it's a good game, but, please, I don't won't to hear "Agueeerrooo!!!" In the 94th minute!

Having been a Brighton fan since we used pounds, shillings and pence I thought I'd add my two penny worth - sorry! Anyway, thanks for letting me post on your board and here are few points from a Seagull's perspective :

The vast majority of Albion fans, well let's make that all, are counting the hours and minutes to this match. For us this is an occasion to relish, our first game back in the top flight since 1983, and if memory serves me well it was your goodselves that confirmed our relegation by thrashing us 1-0 at the Goldstone, and I woz there! A few weeks later we had the consolation of the FA Cup final against the red bit of your city, they did, we didn't, and the rest is history. From then on we went on a perpetual downward spiral with the odd blip of good fortune for the next 25+ years, essentially until we moved to the Amex in 2011. I won't bore you with the trials and tribulations of that period as it's covered elsewhere on this thread.

So, onto Saturday. Most Brighton fans, the realistic ones anyway, are expecting a City win but hoping for a draw or a shock win. Hey-ho you never know!

Your match ticket entitles you to free travel on the buses and trains both to Brighton and Falmer within a designated area. The details will be on your match ticket or go on the club website.
The train journey from Brighton to Falmer takes 9 minutes, the stadium is right next to the station. Suggest that you leave Brighton station at no later than 4.30 as there will be a queuing system and the trains will be rammed. As an alternative, you could park in Lewes (if you're driving) use the pubs there and catch the train to Falmer (6 minutes).

After the match the Amex concourse bars are open for a couple of hours, so stay for a couple of pints until the queues for both the trains and park & ride buses have died down.

The best place to drink is in central Brighton (and Lewes),with some great pubs all within walking distance of the station. A few recommendations - the Prince Albert, the Lord Nelson, the Prince George all in Trafalgar Street. The Evening Star, for real ale and cider drinkers, in Surrey street and loads more. The away fans pub is the Helmstone (Wetherspoons) in West Street, just walk out of Brighton station and down towards the Clock Tower and seafront (it's about a 10 minute walk) - if you get your feet wet you've gone too far! You can go on pubs/bars/restaurants sites in Brighton for other suggestions but you're spoilt for choice.

So that's about it, hope you have a cracking day out and that it's a good game, but, please, I don't won't to hear "Agueeerrooo!!!" In the 94th minute!

Have a great season but only after Saturday!
Thanks for the info. I gave up predicting city ages ago so let's see what happens lol.

Thanks for the information and good luck for the season, except the games against us of course ;)

Cheers Mr Teapot.

Im thinking of doing the Whitehawk game first,is it doable ground to ground in 30 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.