Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------Ederson

Walker----Kompany--Otamendi----Danilo

KDB-----------------Yaya-----------D.Silva

Sterling-----------Jesus-------------Sane

-------------------------------------Ederson
-------------Kompany--------------Stones------------Otamendi
Walker----------------------------------------------------------------Danilo
---------------------------------------Yaya
---------------De Bruyne--------------------------D.Silva
---------------------------Sterling/Aguero
-----------------------------------------------Jesus

Bench: Bravo(?), Adarabioyo, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Sane, Aguero, One of Foden/Diaz/Roberts

Sterling deserves to start, best player in pre-season, looks the sharpest player. I'm not feeling the Jesus-Sergio partnership atm, I thought the Jesus-Sterling partnership was the most impressive in pre-season vs Spurs.

However if I'm being honest, as impressive as it has been for us, I don't see how we can continue to play 3 at the back with that type of attacking talent on the bench.

Bit top heavy on that right hand side for me

Bit top heavy on that right hand side for me

Just based on pre-season line ups. I think that'll be normal, I expect to see Walker, De Bruyne and Sterling feature in many games together. Obviously with Sterling and De Bruyne having the ability to drift inside, leaving space for either one of them or Walker.

Last edited:
Bruno (Brighton) on his pal David Silva: "If I have to be physical with him, I will. I don’t want to injure him, but we need to play hard.”

Bruno (Brighton): "When I was young, Guardiola was one of my idols because I supported Barcelona and he was 18 playing in the first team."

C5yXKCdWQAAT5O6.jpg

Battle of the Slapheads. Just thought the image was good.

Welcome to 2017/2018 season. I'd go:

--------------------------Ederson---------------------------
--------Kompany----Stones----Otamendi
Walker---------------------------------------------Danilo
----------------------------Toure----------------------------
------De Bruyne-----------------D. Silva (B. Silva)---
------------Aguero (Jesus)------Sane -------------

Silva to replace Merlin so that Bruno doesn't kick him out of the game.

I'll try Sane up top with Aguero and bring Jesus on in the second half.

I want us to smash them 5 nil.

Always be wary of a newly promoted team, especially when, by all accounts, they've just signed a proper player

I don't think Brighton stand a chance this season but here's a nice piece on thier recent history:

Glad I'm not picking the team. So many options now, this is where Pep earns his corn.

Would take any kind of win, first game there is so many unknowns, who's fitness is up to scratch, how the new players will fit in, how the promoted side approach the game mentally. Nothing can be taken for granted and those predicting 5 nil, jeez have we become like them now, smacks of arrogance. Just hard work and get a result, anything else is a bonus.

Brighton will be well up for this, first game back in the PL, on TV, chance to take on Pep - easy it won't be

It's beating teams like Brighton that win you the league. You have to absolutely dig deep and fight through or they will eat you alive. No room for complacency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.