Everton - Post match thread.

It's almost funny, isn't it? We bought pace all over the pitch, some madrid counter attacking sides would be jealous and yet we are passing, passing, passing..
We can just pay direct passes at pace against team who sit deep. There has to be a situation that allows pace to be used. The only criticism you could level would be that we could press less and let teams come on to us, but that would be a tactic that would have a very short shelf life.

Our counter attacking and pace will be on display in games where the opposition is ambitious.

The peigion breast in the tunnel club was a delight. Football a bit poor. Not impressed.

The back 3 individually tonight were top class, but as a unit, nothing to do but be tight & had no idea where Everton pkayers were as soon as more than one got forward.

Drill the fucking defence properly & we win the title.

Don't bother & we will lose to teams such as the rags

We were awesome tonight & have dropped two points v a team who could not get near us.
Everton fan from NI just been on 5Live and said they'd been mugged. Said they totally outplayed us. Everton for top 4.

Sterling was fantastic in pre-season so why the fuck is Pep leaving him on the bench ?

Ultimately to shoehorn in Aguero and Jesus. I think things will change and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sane-Jesus-Sterling again when Mendy is available.

Do what? Draw 1-1 at home against a very average team. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased with the point given we had 10 for half the game but to say we were 'awesome' is ludicrous.

10 men against 12 and we looked a class above even at that.

The result wasn't what we wanted, but there's much to be positive about there.

It's almost funny, isn't it? We bought pace all over the pitch, some madrid counter attacking sides would be jealous and yet we are passing, passing, passing..

Bore off. How do you counter attack against a team that sits back? Everton had exactly one shot on goal all game and were content to park the bus and hack us down any time we got round it.

very happy with a point in the end. we showed a lot of fight in the second half. sterling made a big difference when on. atmosphere was really good swell.

Let's all play for a draw when you're 0-1 up against ten men

Hahaha

Smart ambition! They could have buried us tonight if they'd gone for us right after half time yet just about hung on

As for us - poor poor poor finishing from Kun (actually didn't even get a shot away), Jesus, Silva and Sterling. Sums our team up that, we're nowhere near ruthless enough. We played with no intensity first half neither, I thought we were quite poor despite creating chances.

Second half we were fucking brilliant! But we have to show that level of intensity with eleven men; do that and no team will live with us. We can't afford to go through the motions saving ourselves for a title run-in because it might never happen if we stroll through the season again.

Do what? Draw 1-1 at home against a very average team. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased with the point given we had 10 for half the game but to say we were 'awesome' is ludicrous.

Well I've been going for nearly 50.years & only seen us do.it in the lower leagues.
So you can be as miserable as you want but I thought it was fucking fantastic.

Play like that & defend properly we win the lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.