Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson is a gem... great reading of the game, seems to find extremely acute passes in tight areas and his left foot is an absolute cannon when going long. Those suggesting he should do better with the goal are far too harsh!

I think he's got too mate. It's not the most powerfully struck shot - I don't think it's unfair to expect him to save it.

I feel much calmer when the opposition have the ball in and around our area than I did last season. Its early days but I think Ederson will do just fine.

I was at the match and I spent some time watching Pickford for his distribution. I thought he was excellent by and large, and I even wondered if we'd made an error not going for him.

Then Ederson did that thing he does. We've got the right guy.
I too was looking at Pickfords distribution and thought he was distinctly average

I too was looking at Pickfords distribution and thought he was distinctly average

I actually thought it wasn't decent. Clearly was trying to bypass our defence in the first half with long kicks and worked a couple of times. I thought the Joe Hart-esque kicks straight into touch were deliberate as Everton were clearly not interested in punishing us and were intent on wasting time from the moment Walker got sent off. I could be wrong (and his distribution was clearly nowhere near Ederson's level) but I thought he was just following instructions to boot it as far and wide as possible. His right foot is shocking though

I actually thought it wasn't decent. Clearly was trying to bypass our defence in the first half with long kicks and worked a couple of times. I thought the Joe Hart-esque kicks straight into touch were deliberate as Everton were clearly not interested in punishing us and were intent on wasting time from the moment Walker got sent off. I could be wrong (and his distribution was clearly nowhere near Ederson's level) but I thought he was just following instructions to boot it as far and wide as possible. His right foot is shocking though
We were supposedly linked with him because of his ability with the ball at his feet and distribution. Maybe last night he was off it, but from what I saw - we dodged a bullet

We were supposedly linked with him because of his ability with the ball at his feet and distribution. Maybe last night he was off it, but from what I saw - we dodged a bullet

Meh, I think he's going to be a decent-ish keeper with his distribution being a strength. Not the level we're after although he'll probably shine for Everton because of how negative they are.

I'm 100% confident in Ederson though and his distribution is an absolute joy to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.