New Kompany Calf Injury?

Watch the pre-match press conference. he was directly asked about Kompany playing and getting injured in this game and he said the exact opposite of what you would expect

Marvin whats said in public and whats said in private are often very very different.

Like it or not, Vinny is coming to the end of his City career and if he wants to make that process quicker by constantly getting injured for Belgium thats his perogative but we are City fans, not Belguim fans at the end of the day and Pep is only interested in what Vinny can do for us which is fuck all if he comes back with knocks every time.

Pep said the injury is small.

When can we expect him back? For the Watford match?

Marvin whats said in public and whats said in private are often very very different.

Like it or not, Vinny is coming to the end of his City career and if he wants to make that process quicker by constantly getting injured for Belgium thats his perogative but we are City fans, not Belguim fans at the end of the day and Pep is only interested in what Vinny can do for us which is fuck all if he comes back with knocks every time.
I agree with you. I thought it was out of order for him to play in that game. But I was very surprised by Guardiola's comments in the press conference. He went out of the way to say that he would never dream of speaking to the national team manager and ask him not to play a player etc. I am sure you'd be surprised if you see it. I was.

Probably not worth digging it now. The game has gone and the damage is done.

I agree with you. I thought it was out of order for him to play in that game. But I was very surprised by Guardiola's comments in the press conference. He went out of the way to say that he would never dream of speaking to the national team manager and ask him not to play a player etc. I am sure you'd be surprised if you see it. I was.

Probably not worth digging it now. The game has gone and the damage is done.

Pep plays the media beautifully and knows exactly what and what not to say and that answer was the stock answer.

Vinny has fucked up, end of and he will now pay for it by sitting out more games and at some point, the club will say no more.

Shit! So Kompany is in Pep's doghouse now. That wont be comforting when we face the likes of Lukaku and Kane. Hopefully, Stones will do more of what he showed today.

Last edited:
Kompany needs to be taking care of himself, several games a week is unwise. The draw of one last world cup, with this current Belgium squad, is probably very tempting and he could end up a world cup winner. As much as he's been Mr Manchester City, he's also central to his national team and obviously can't give it up easily. But that increases risk and we, and he, need to manage that one way or another. Am sure he'll retire from international duty after the world cup, but might be too late.

Gutted for him and for us too. I think we'll make moves to replace him come summer, if not January.

Vinny needs to can international football to prolong his top tier club career imo. It can't continue that he misses so many of our games to play for Belgium.

Vinny needs to can international football to prolong his top tier club career imo. It can't continue that he misses so many of our games to play for Belgium.
I make it three times he's come back crocked from playing with Belgium. I don't think they particularly look after him which is madness given his injury record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.