Without the nightmares of the 80s and 90s where would we be now ?

87 to 89 under Mel Machin was brilliant, for me best couple of years as a Blue

I think if Judas would have stayed we could have had a shot at a title but it would have been short term as most of the team were Everton reserves, we'll never know but he was certainly much better than Reid who basically just played Kendal's players and had as you say 2 top 6 finishes.

IMO Kendall was the best manager we had from my first game in '85 until Mancini. So organised, so well drilled and very effective. Genuinely thought we'd challenge for top 3. I was gutted when he went back to his 'wife'.

My cousin's husband knew his family well and he said he frequently mentioned his regret at leaving City.

I wouldn't give a shit where we were, I'd still be there giving my full support, because city are in my blood and will be forever. We won the lottery so enjoy the future, like I enjoyed the past (yes even when we were awful).

I'd like to see what would happen to our fan base should mansour pull the plug and fuck off, my guess is many a fan would disappear down the drain with him, then spout up wearing rag shirts.

87 to 89 under Mel Machin was brilliant, for me best couple of years as a Blue
There were definitely plus points to being a yo-yo team in the 80s and 90s, it was far more interesting than meandering along in mid-table year after year, that would have bored me silly. With City you never quite knew what was around the corner even though in those days it was something bad more often than not.

would the owners of bought us IF we still played at Maine Road?

Reason i say that, is mainly around Ground expansion and the surrounding areas where they would want to build on.

I'd say no.
I say yes, the Sheikh would have taken a stroll down 'Dog Shit Alley' and thought this is for me

Didn't Franny have a pull out in the programme of what Maine Road would look like with the new kippax built all around the ground?

He sure did, I remember the pull out looking like a smaller version of the Nou Camp.

I also remember feeling disappointed during that era, as it was a bit of a false dawn after he took over from Swales. Other than Uwe, Walsh, Beagrie and Karl keeping us up under the stewardship of Brian Horton, most of the other memories and signings were gash.

It's unbelievable to think where we are today, we've gone from the ridiculous to the sublime in every aspect of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.