Senior Supporter

You reckon the club don't want that sort of fan any longer? Is that why he still goes every week, to support the team he loves, even if it's a struggle, maybe the club have offered to provide him with help, but he choses to do his own thing. Do you know if his loyalty hasn't ever been recognised?. Maybe he's just happy to get out of the house every other week, because the club welcome him. I await my email from the club telling me I'm not wanted. My Dad is 82 and has just had his inviting him to renew next season..! I'll be him one day, dragging my sorry arse and aching bones to every game until my last breath, regardless of what the club are seemingly doing in some fans eyes. I've never read so much shite on this site in all my life, ill informed, narrow minded opinions abound. You know what, I've watched City for many years, when the club was so badly run and poor, every bugger had 5 jobs to make ends meet, when we had players who couldn't even play the game, when there were fleeting moment's of success which you knew wouldn't last. I can't believe for the life of me why people get upset at the great players we have now having a day off, or new managers not gelling the team quickly enough, or new fans turning up to watch my wonderful team play in a fabulous stadium, with outstanding facilities. Yes I complain at players performing badly, I think Christ, it's gone up again, or how much, but it doesn't stop me supporting my team and less, or even considering not doing so. It's the fans that have changed in the last 20 years or so, replacing the likes of me who are getting too old to spend all day on the lash, then have a good old scream and shout on the terraces. We had passion and never ending support, the noise used to roll down off the terraces at Maine Road, it has done on occasion at the Etihad, away games were bedlam. If some fans put as much effort into supporting the team from the terraces as they do knocking the club for a minimal increase across some areas, or having to move from their seat, which incidentally is owned by the club, or having their season card removed because they're a knob head, which again is the property of the club, a place you enter under conditions of entry, in so much as you comply with certain rules, then we'd have a bouncing atmosphere. I've never been lobbed out for standing and singing at the Etihad, in block 220 by the way...
U16 prices have been extended to U18's now, U21's save a big chunk off adult prices, several thousand remain the same price, most have increased by under a quid per games, many only 50 pence per game, so sodding well stay in for an hour to pay for it. No bugger gave a second thought to drinking themselves and drugging themselves up to oblivion at Wembley recently ffs....
Moaning for moaning's sake over jack shit in the grand old scheme of things, Sorry, pissed off, good fuckin night....

what a great post

Saw him for the first time this season after the match. "They wouldn’t start without me".

I asked him if he still thought that Doherty was better than any of those on display yesterday.

"Doherty was something special," he replied, "but we have some very good players here now."

My father first went to Maine Road in 1930 aged 9 . He died 2 years ago aged 93 a lifelong supporter of Manchester City. He went through thick and thin with them . 6 months before he died and about 5 years since he last attended a game due to ill health , I told his story of devotion to a member of City's staff. Next day I was emailed and he was invited to watch City . They laid on a wheel chair ambulance , his nurse carerer was invited too. We were greeted at the main entrance by Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell , Tommy Booth , Peter Barnes and Tony Book came to meet him . We were put in a private box where he was treated like royalty . They even had liquidised his food because of his illness . There were others in the box with different stories all attending for free . It was a great day one I will never forget . My Dad loved City and on that day they loved him back . We lost 1 0 to Stoke , it didn't matter .

My father first went to Maine Road in 1930 aged 9 . He died 2 years ago aged 93 a lifelong supporter of Manchester City. He went through thick and thin with them . 6 months before he died and about 5 years since he last attended a game due to ill health , I told his story of devotion to a member of City's staff. Next day I was emailed and he was invited to watch City . They laid on a wheel chair ambulance , his nurse carerer was invited too. We were greeted at the main entrance by Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell , Tommy Booth , Peter Barnes and Tony Book came to meet him . We were put in a private box where he was treated like royalty . They even had liquidised his food because of his illness . There were others in the box with different stories all attending for free . It was a great day one I will never forget . My Dad loved City and on that day they loved him back . We lost 1 0 to Stoke , it didn't matter .
Brilliant mate, what a great time he must have had and we'll done City, I'd guess they must do this sort of thing at least a few times a season and don't make a sing & dance about it in the media.

Brilliant mate, what a great time he must have had and we'll done City, I'd guess they must do this sort of thing at least a few times a season and don't make a sing & dance about it in the media.
No they don't and in many ways that makes it more special.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an old bloke in front of me in the South Stand Level 3 yesterday. He had a walking cane, a mini disc, a clipboard, headphones on and he'd brought a pack lunch. Was wondering if it was the same bloke as in the OP. What amazing memories he must have. To still be a match going blue through so many eras just makes me feel all warm inside.

I also saw a woman well into her 80s belting out the Leroy Sane Heartbeat song on the way out of the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.