Queues

You are right that there's no rules however 100% security for 54,000 people is impossible so we need measures in place that would make potential perpetrators choose another location. That means visible security that looks competent, not crowds of people queueing to have a barely trained numpty wave a wand in their general direction. That's why they need to profile people and get some focus. Obviously I would not expect that details of their security operation should be general knowledge however what we've got at the moment is the worst of all worlds. A potential attacker could recce it and see the glaring weaknesses in the operation. Crap security is worse than no security.

You have an answer? I am sure that if there was a easier way someone would have thought of it. Just think of the queues at airports and the time it takes to get through. Only answer I believe is more better trained staff. When you think how much we pay players surely a little bit extra on security should be a no brainer.

You have an answer? I am sure that if there was a easier way someone would have thought of it. Just think of the queues at airports and the time it takes to get through. Only answer I believe is more better trained staff. When you think how much we pay players surely a little bit extra on security should be a no brainer.
Absolutely agree. It's all about having properly trained security staff and a decent plan. Presumably they have a security officer who liaises with the police that comes up with the plan. The problem is that many of the staff seem to be from rent a crowd and are worse than useless, and from an outsiders point of view the plan doesn't look great. Maybe there's stuff going on that we don't know about like spotters in the crowds etc. But the impression is that it's shoddy and that would encourage a potential attacker.

Absolutely agree. It's all about having properly trained security staff and a decent plan. Presumably they have a security officer who liaises with the police that comes up with the plan. The problem is that many of the staff seem to be from rent a crowd and are worse than useless, and from an outsiders point of view the plan doesn't look great. Maybe there's stuff going on that we don't know about like spotters in the crowds etc. But the impression is that it's shoddy and that would encourage a potential attacker.

My God WDB we agree :)

It really isn't complicated. There are indeed queues at airport security and one of the ways they've tried to address this at Manchester Airport is by increasing the number of x-rays. And there are still queues, but when they're properly staffed (which they aren't always) it's a lot better than it used to be - I used to be a frequent flyer from Mcr Airport T2 both before and after the refurbishment and the additional lanes as well as a coherent queuing system made a big difference. And those queues are indoors.

If you increase the number of security staff you can increase the number of people that you can search in a given time. It's not rocket science. Better trained staff, yes, but also more staff. You might not eradicate the queues, but you could make them shorter/quicker. Given, as you say, the amount we pay players, it's very difficult to understand why the club has not already addressed this. But they seem completely deaf to all complaints.

Pep is asking for more fans to turn up and support the team in CL games and at the same time fans who struggle to get to the game an hour before kick off are incentivised to stay at home and watch on telly because the club apparently simply can't be arsed getting its ducks in a row over security. All for the want of some probably not very well paid security staff. I'm not suggesting they don't do the searches, or that they don't do them thoroughly, I'm not suggesting they do anything particularly innovative or complex, all I'm suggesting is that they provide sufficient resources.

Tl;dr - put more bloody staff on City, ffs!

It really isn't complicated. There are indeed queues at airport security and one of the ways they've tried to address this at Manchester Airport is by increasing the number of x-rays. And there are still queues, but when they're properly staffed (which they aren't always) it's a lot better than it used to be - I used to be a frequent flyer from Mcr Airport T2 both before and after the refurbishment and the additional lanes as well as a coherent queuing system made a big difference. And those queues are indoors.

If you increase the number of security staff you can increase the number of people that you can search in a given time. It's not rocket science. Better trained staff, yes, but also more staff. You might not eradicate the queues, but you could make them shorter/quicker. Given, as you say, the amount we pay players, it's very difficult to understand why the club has not already addressed this. But they seem completely deaf to all complaints.

Pep is asking for more fans to turn up and support the team in CL games and at the same time fans who struggle to get to the game an hour before kick off are incentivised to stay at home and watch on telly because the club apparently simply can't be arsed getting its ducks in a row over security. All for the want of some probably not very well paid security staff. I'm not suggesting they don't do the searches, or that they don't do them thoroughly, I'm not suggesting they do anything particularly innovative or complex, all I'm suggesting is that they provide sufficient resources.

Tl;dr - put more bloody staff on City, ffs!

The battle to get to the ground for night matches is bad enough without then having to spend 20 mins queuing. I agree they need more staff. It's much worse on CL nights due to the number of tourists etc who attend these games. There is zero incentive for getting in early too due to no alcohol sales.

I must admit it was much better on saturday even though queues were quite long they were cleared quite quickly.

SSL3 is usually horrendous though. The only solution is more staff but undoubtedly the club already know this and have not acted yet so its unlikely to change.

The battle to get to the ground for night matches is bad enough without then having to spend 20 mins queuing. I agree they need more staff. It's much worse on CL nights due to the number of tourists etc who attend these games. There is zero incentive for getting in early too due to no alcohol sales.

Surely the incentive is to be as safe as poss not whet your whistle

Surely the incentive is to be as safe as poss not whet your whistle

If it's part of your match experience, and it is for many, then yeah, 'wetting your whistle' is important for those people .... That we even need such safety measures is a disgrace in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.