Queues

Ding Dong fans can also get into the queue alt earlier than they do now. By leaving it to the last minute, there is always the chance that you will miss the kick off. I make sure I am in the ground at least 45 minutes before they kick off. Yes the club can help by finishing in City square 10 to 15 minutes earlier, than they do now.
I don't stop in City square, for 2 reasons 1 the music is always catered for the younger element, I cannot remember the last time there was any music for the over 50's on the stage. 2 it is way to loud. One day last year it was that loud I could here the music on the other side of Phillips park cemetery.

I went to Yankee Stadium last month and was in the queue for 10 mins which I think is expectable. In that time I emptied my pockets and put them in a tray then walked through a metal detector airport style and got my bag searched. I got there about 20min before the baseball started.
If city are that concerned about our safety they need to spend some money and sort this out.

Just allocate all available stewards / security better. For example do we need up to 15/20 pretend lollipop men to see mainly adult or accompanied kids across the road at the bottom of Joe Mercer Way when the traffic is traveling one way or is stationary. Do we need 5/6 pretend bouncers to check season cards at the entrance to the bars in City Square.Do we need 10/15 stewards surrounding the stage in City Square to prevent people from invading the stage. It`s hardly Little Mix`s farewell appearance. Do we need the 15 men in black suits on every tunnel cam whose sole purpose in life is to hold open doors for young fit footballers. Do we need 10/20 uninterested stewards placed in every carpark to point the cars to the white lines whilst he himself try`s to reach the next level on his mobile phone. NO !
What we do need is every entrance suitably manned to cope with 50 odd thousand fans trying to access the ground quickly & safely. Open all entrances to all season card holders in that area to keep all queues equal and at a minimum. Have several pairs of stewards fully equipped with working wands wondering around the whole campus with powers to stop and search ANYBODY with a handbag, shopping bag, holdall, rucksack,briefcase,or roll along f**king suitcase. This helps to prevent those intent on carnage being in the middle of a large queue with large numbers of static fans.

We all realize the world and times we live in and I like most welcome increased security. But please utilize the personnel you have to minimize the disruption and bring back some of the MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE .

Bang on the money this, I actually got to the ground at 2pm on Saturday went straight in the ground and was bored out of my head for 45 minutes.

Just put more stewards on the gates and the queues will shift quicker, hardly rocket science but if the club would like to pay me for my ground breaking ideas I would happily accept.

I went to Yankee Stadium last month and was in the queue for 10 mins which I think is expectable. In that time I emptied my pockets and put them in a tray then walked through a metal detector airport style and got my bag searched. I got there about 20min before the baseball started.
If city are that concerned about our safety they need to spend some money and sort this out.
I went to the MEN last night and they had similar machines and it was much quicker than the stupid fucking wands

Ding Dong fans can also get into the queue alt earlier than they do now. By leaving it to the last minute, there is always the chance that you will miss the kick off. I make sure I am in the ground at least 45 minutes before they kick off. Yes the club can help by finishing in City square 10 to 15 minutes earlier, than they do now.
I don't stop in City square, for 2 reasons 1 the music is always catered for the younger element, I cannot remember the last time there was any music for the over 50's on the stage. 2 it is way to loud. One day last year it was that loud I could here the music on the other side of Phillips park cemetery.
No sh*t Sherlock !!!!! I think we all know that if we get there early we will go straight in. The club know this also. But you know what, the vast majority of fans will arrive at the same time, for whatever reason. So maybe we TRY and SPEED things up when they arrive.

Bang on the money this, I actually got to the ground at 2pm on Saturday went straight in the ground and was bored out of my head for 45 minutes.

Just put more stewards on the gates and the queues will shift quicker, hardly rocket science but if the club would like to pay me for my ground breaking ideas I would happily accept.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa hold it right there !!!!!!! THIS was MY ground breaking idea. So ANY AWARDS should go to ME !

I agree, half two and you go straight in.

I also wish for a bit of Freddie and the dreamers or the love affair.

I must be a bit deaf though as I cannot hear sky sports in the concourse as I drink my last pre match pint

Feared the worst tonight as due to traffic only got to ground at 7.30 and when I saw the queue for M1 I thought I would miss kick off. Thankfully N1 into SS3 was virtually empty and it took a minute.

Some of the others looked long though. Were they dealt with any better?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.