Queues

If you go round worrying about getting blown up then maybe but if you don't then getting in the ground to do nothing an hour before kick off doesn't appeal to me.
Then why come? You know there are going to be delays getting in to the stadium. In today's climate and in particular what has been happening in Manchester and London, I am grateful the club is exercising a duty of care( albeit not efficient at the moment)

If it's part of your match experience, and it is for many, then yeah, 'wetting your whistle' is important for those people .... That we even need such safety measures is a disgrace in this country.
I have no issue with those who enjoy a pint or two as part of their match day experience, but if they then moan about missing the start of the game coz they want to get another round in knowing there are likely queues to get in the stadium, I have no sympathy. Are you sure you mean disgrace?

I have no issue with those who enjoy a pint or two as part of their match day experience
For any night match in particular, for most its nothing to do with having a "pint or two", and much more to do with the logistics of working all day, eating, and being able to get there, and no I don't want to eat the overpriced shite that City serve up.

The fact is simple, if there were more staff on duty there wouldn't be these queues, and its not as if an extra 30 staff on duty at minimum wage for 1 hour extra, is going to cost this club much money, so why don't the club do their best to facilitate their supporters getting to games, and add a few more staff. They don't give a f**k that's why.

Its nothing to do with security, as has been said many many times, if it was they'd want us in as quickly as possible, because the greatest security threat is to those outside the stadium not in it.

For any night match in particular, for most its nothing to do with having a "pint or two", and much more to do with the logistics of working all day, eating, and being able to get there, and no I don't want to eat the overpriced shite that City serve up.

The fact is simple, if there were more staff on duty there wouldn't be these queues, and its not as if an extra 30 staff on duty at minimum wage for 1 hour extra, is going to cost this club much money, so why don't the club do their best to facilitate their supporters getting to games, and add a few more staff. They don't give a f**k that's why.

Its nothing to do with security, as has been said many many times, if it was they'd want us in as quickly as possible, because the greatest security threat is to those outside the stadium not in it.
I dont disagree with you but the bottom line is that we have all been told this will occur and we now have experience of what is involved, so to miss the kick off due to wanting a pint (which is the post I responded to) is no ones fault but their own

I do disagree with the bolded bit though and would like to know what you think they are doing it for. I appreciate what they are doing is not very professional though.

Just allocate all available stewards / security better. For example do we need up to 15/20 pretend lollipop men to see mainly adult or accompanied kids across the road at the bottom of Joe Mercer Way when the traffic is traveling one way or is stationary. Do we need 5/6 pretend bouncers to check season cards at the entrance to the bars in City Square.Do we need 10/15 stewards surrounding the stage in City Square to prevent people from invading the stage. It`s hardly Little Mix`s farewell appearance. Do we need the 15 men in black suits on every tunnel cam whose sole purpose in life is to hold open doors for young fit footballers. Do we need 10/20 uninterested stewards placed in every carpark to point the cars to the white lines whilst he himself try`s to reach the next level on his mobile phone. NO !
What we do need is every entrance suitably manned to cope with 50 odd thousand fans trying to access the ground quickly & safely. Open all entrances to all season card holders in that area to keep all queues equal and at a minimum. Have several pairs of stewards fully equipped with working wands wondering around the whole campus with powers to stop and search ANYBODY with a handbag, shopping bag, holdall, rucksack,briefcase,or roll along f**king suitcase. This helps to prevent those intent on carnage being in the middle of a large queue with large numbers of static fans.

We all realize the world and times we live in and I like most welcome increased security. But please utilize the personnel you have to minimize the disruption and bring back some of the MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.