Players who did much better than you expected at City

Didn’t he experience either promotion or relegation in five of the six seasons he was with us?

Good shout! I think it was only his first season and last season (02/03) that we stayed in same division. Though did we sign him midway through 96/97?. Don't remember him starting the season but think I remember him playing v Oxford away in the spring with Gio getting two?? I still thought we were going to make the playoffs...

Can only be the "Goat" the way he worked to make what he did out of what he had. I bow to you Sir.

He looked an absolute nightmare at the start and yet turned into our life saver. Dickov may have scored THE goal but the goat dragged us kicking and screaming through the divisions.

With all the great players and historic days we have had recently, the goats contribution may get overlooked in years to come. Yet all us who were witness to his exploits, we will never forget what he did for us. He might not have been the best player to ever play for us but he was arguably the most important.

From a bit of a laughing stock to arguably the club's most important, committed and dedicated player. I think it is fair to say he did better than any blue ever thought he would.

It has to be the Goat, surely.

Niall Quinn is worth a shout and David White exceeded a lot of people's expectations, I reckon. Tony Coton too. Upon reflection, Colin Bell probably fits the bill as well.

In recent times Yaya and Zaba, for me at least. I don't think many of us saw what they would both ultimately become.

Maybe Ederson will fill that category in a few years.

Perception is reality.

Kompany, Les cott, Zabba, Goater, Gow, Heslop, Book, but, by a country mile, Bobbymanc. Never to be forgotten.

After watching Lescott when he arrived for big money from Neverton ,I thought he played like his boot laces were tied together.Never easy on the eye but was a great defender for us who helped get us to the pinnacle of English football.

He looked an absolute nightmare at the start and yet turned into our life saver. Dickov may have scored THE goal but the goat dragged us kicking and screaming through the divisions.

With all the great players and historic days we have had recently, the goats contribution may get overlooked in years to come. Yet all us who were witness to his exploits, we will never forget what he did for us. He might not have been the best player to ever play for us but he was arguably the most important.

From a bit of a laughing stock to arguably the club's most important, committed and dedicated player. I think it is fair to say he did better than any blue ever thought he would.
Brilliant Post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.