Players who did much better than you expected at City

I thought he should be in the opposing thread not this one. Most overrated player to ever play for us, probably fans liked the song so he became popular.

5 goals in 17 games was a decent return in that Division 2 season. Bristol Rovers away, fantastic free kick. He came in and helped us get promoted, wouldn't say overrated in the slightest.

Shaun Goater, Uwe Rosler, Richard Dunne, Sylvain Distin, Pablo Zabaleta.

To compliment the "players who did worse than you expected" thread...

I'll start with David Silva (forgive me Lord), who I'd barely heard of at the time. Consequently I wasn't expecting much, but I think it's fair to say the lad's done okay with us.

Oh, and Shaun Goater. That was never going to work...

I was the same about Dave. I was "so so" on the signing. too small and lightweight for the prem.

what a dick I am.

Ali b for me, ederson ( was thinking of how much we spent on Brazil's back up.) and kdb (knew he was good but he has improved so much with us.).

I suspect these are two of the most spectacular ones, albeit before my time:

I'd have thought that anyone who, rather than focusing on nationality, reflected on the playing prospects of the 'keeper we signed from St Helens Town in 1949 might not have thought he'd be quite the success he subsequently proved.

I don't think that many would have expected much, either, from a full-back signed when in his thirties who'd never played in the top flight and had spent most of his career in non-league - certainly not skippering us to a full set of domestic trophies and a European one, racking up almost 250 league appearances in the process.

As for one from my time, maybe someone like Neil McNab - shown the door by Brighton and bought on the cheap because we were desperate. I don't think I ever thought he'd be with us for over six years and a regular for nearly all of that time.

Sun Jihai. James Milner as well tbf.
I always had a soft spot for Sun jihai despite some criticism directed at him from certain quarters. It can’t be easy being a jack of all trades.

Having said that he didn’t play in goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.