City v Stoke post match

It smack of their rats, hoodies, throwing stuff. They had probably watched their game in town then decided to attack a boozer. No idea what blues would be doing in there though unless they were watching a snide stream of the game.
They never have live football on in there, rugby yes, football used to be on years ago but not anymore, there were hardly any Blues in there about 5pm it only starts filling up about 5-30, anybody can attack an empty pub

Something that I think needs saying, in all the understandable excitement. Yes, people are getting hugely excited about Kev, and that’s only right (by the way, if he keeps up this level till the Christmas period, is he a possible for the Ballon d’Or? Doubtful, I think — you have to have won trophies, virtually always, and preferably the CL — but there’s an outside chance, and if it’s not this year, it’ll come, I believe…)
David Silva is going under the radar, but I see him playing with a joy and freedom that I haven’t seen since the 2013-14 season. I think what happened was approximately this. I’ve said before, our midfield was unreal that year. Yaya, Nasri and Merlin had this triangular thing going in midfield. They would just keep the ball between them, moving it up the field As they went,and then one or other of them would release that killer pass to Sergio, or Edin — or they would take a pop themselves, on seeing the whites of the keeper’s eyes – and that would be that.
What some of us didn’t realise at the time (I certainly didn’t) was that that was Yaya’s swansong. He had a final fireworks party that year, capped by a goal against Villa that I will remember to the end of my days, or the onset of Alzheimer’s, but although he may do useful things for us, he’s not going to get back up to that level, or near it, again. Also, Nasri, who is a greatly gifted footballer, just started to adopt a I couldn’t give much of a fuck attitude that, in the end, has done his career in. For the following two seasons, David was carrying much of the creative weight in midfield on his own. It was just too much.
With the guys he’s got round him now, he can just play his game, with carrying that crushing responsibity. And he is a player who truly loves to play with others. If there’s anything wrong with him, it is that he doesn’t have enough of an ego. But he just loves to seek out that player who’s in a better position than him (and sometimes, a player who is in fact in a worse one). Look at the joy he’s expressing in playing with Leroy. Ther’s something like man love going on there. And Kev takes the weight and responsibility beside him, and they know exactly how to share it out. Truly, it is something like a second wind for him, and I’m loving watching it. Just wanted to say that.
Great post

Woke up this morning with a big smile on my face - just like I did the morning after the woman of my dreams took me to bed.

Stupendous.

With regards to people leaving, I think that’s about exactly the size of it. I noticed that virtually nobody left before the end of the game against the dippers. This one wasn’t seen as so crucial. It’s just the way it is. It is a bit of a shame, though.
Hardly anyone left yesterday till we were a minute into injury time.

Something that I think needs saying, in all the understandable excitement. Yes, people are getting hugely excited about Kev, and that’s only right (by the way, if he keeps up this level till the Christmas period, is he a possible for the Ballon d’Or? Doubtful, I think — you have to have won trophies, virtually always, and preferably the CL — but there’s an outside chance, and if it’s not this year, it’ll come, I believe…)
David Silva is going under the radar, but I see him playing with a joy and freedom that I haven’t seen since the 2013-14 season. I think what happened was approximately this. I’ve said before, our midfield was unreal that year. Yaya, Nasri and Merlin had this triangular thing going in midfield. They would just keep the ball between them, moving it up the field As they went,and then one or other of them would release that killer pass to Sergio, or Edin — or they would take a pop themselves, on seeing the whites of the keeper’s eyes – and that would be that.
What some of us didn’t realise at the time (I certainly didn’t) was that that was Yaya’s swansong. He had a final fireworks party that year, capped by a goal against Villa that I will remember to the end of my days, or the onset of Alzheimer’s, but although he may do useful things for us, he’s not going to get back up to that level, or near it, again. Also, Nasri, who is a greatly gifted footballer, just started to adopt a I couldn’t give much of a fuck attitude that, in the end, has done his career in. For the following two seasons, David was carrying much of the creative weight in midfield on his own. It was just too much.
With the guys he’s got round him now, he can just play his game, with carrying that crushing responsibity. And he is a player who truly loves to play with others. If there’s anything wrong with him, it is that he doesn’t have enough of an ego. But he just loves to seek out that player who’s in a better position than him (and sometimes, a player who is in fact in a worse one). Look at the joy he’s expressing in playing with Leroy. Ther’s something like man love going on there. And Kev takes the weight and responsibility beside him, and they know exactly how to share it out. Truly, it is something like a second wind for him, and I’m loving watching it. Just wanted to say that.
Very well said mate.

You can almost see the weight of responsibility has been lifted from him. He definitely has a new lease of life, and long may it continue. Although he is somewhat in KDB's shadow, his general link play is integral to the team, and he is now on the same wave length as Kev as we move down the field.

If KDB is the conductor of the orchestra, then Merlin is definitely the first violinist.

A poor Stoke side scored two against us which is a concern.
We didn't allow them to play. This is where possession stats come in. We bashed teams last year but were profligate in front of goal. This year the players are being less greedy and the result is more goals, therefore loads of assists, plenty of smiles from the players and just fantastic football.
I'm not normally a stats person but Yaya came on in the 73rd minute and had more touches than any Sjoke player had in the full 90. BOOM

Well said that man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.