City v Stoke post match

Sometimes there is no point being bitter, he probably quietly enjoyed watching what we did to his team.

I doubt he enjoyed it but I'm sure he appreciated it.

Hughes had some unnecessary stick from some of our supporters and although he need to be replaced when he was, you could understand him being bitter about City but he seems more wistful these days.

whilst agreeing with all the superlatives of our pace, accuracy all round goalscoring etc etc etc, one thing i've not seen mentioned is the unselfishness of the players who, with an opportunity to have a go and score themselves, instead have laid it off to a possible better positioned player to score. several times this season, pundits have questioned aguerro and jesus in the same team, look at them aguerro to jesus and vice versa and both happy to see the goal scored regardless of which one put it in the net. same yesterday kdb to sane to sterling, goal,sterling to silva, slipped but still scored, beautiful, unselfish football and long may it continue
Damn right. I would guess that aspect of our play is what is giving Pep the most pleasure; the teamwork and unselfishness. Aguero has quite often been a selfish fucker in front of goal (part of the job description of a striker, I suppose). But that seems to have been replaced this season with a selflessness that is a joy to watch. The old cliche about there being no 'I' in 'team', innit?

My biggest moan last season was silva and kdb playing together but pep found a perfect solution . God knows what he said to kdb but his attitude and work ethics has improved tremendously.

That 1st 35 minutes For me was the best 1 & 2 touch football I have ever seen in the Premier League, the touch & movement finished off by unselfishness & goals was superb from all of our players that was pure class & Guardiola all over it.

You can see the togetherness & friendship throughout & that gives each other another 10% in wanting to win the ball back. We are now dominating the ball all over the pitch but for me it’s the second ball we are winning.

Can it get better can we score 10???

Napoli will be so different they are flying & this is like Monaco again, we need to defend & this will be the biggest test, if we win this then for me we have arrived not just in the Premier League.

I still think Pep will bag a left back in January & Sanchez too but where will he play???????

Something that I think needs saying, in all the understandable excitement. Yes, people are getting hugely excited about Kev, and that’s only right (by the way, if he keeps up this level till the Christmas period, is he a possible for the Ballon d’Or? Doubtful, I think — you have to have won trophies, virtually always, and preferably the CL — but there’s an outside chance, and if it’s not this year, it’ll come, I believe…)
David Silva is going under the radar, but I see him playing with a joy and freedom that I haven’t seen since the 2013-14 season. I think what happened was approximately this. I’ve said before, our midfield was unreal that year. Yaya, Nasri and Merlin had this triangular thing going in midfield. They would just keep the ball between them, moving it up the field As they went,and then one or other of them would release that killer pass to Sergio, or Edin — or they would take a pop themselves, on seeing the whites of the keeper’s eyes – and that would be that.
What some of us didn’t realise at the time (I certainly didn’t) was that that was Yaya’s swansong. He had a final fireworks party that year, capped by a goal against Villa that I will remember to the end of my days, or the onset of Alzheimer’s, but although he may do useful things for us, he’s not going to get back up to that level, or near it, again. Also, Nasri, who is a greatly gifted footballer, just started to adopt a I couldn’t give much of a fuck attitude that, in the end, has done his career in. For the following two seasons, David was carrying much of the creative weight in midfield on his own. It was just too much.
With the guys he’s got round him now, he can just play his game, with carrying that crushing responsibity. And he is a player who truly loves to play with others. If there’s anything wrong with him, it is that he doesn’t have enough of an ego. But he just loves to seek out that player who’s in a better position than him (and sometimes, a player who is in fact in a worse one). Look at the joy he’s expressing in playing with Leroy. Ther’s something like man love going on there. And Kev takes the weight and responsibility beside him, and they know exactly how to share it out. Truly, it is something like a second wind for him, and I’m loving watching it. Just wanted to say that.

Just for you.............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.