Would Southgate ruin Foden?

2sheikhs

Stones, Sterling and Walker don't play at the same level for England as they do for us. Whether that's down to being surrounded by inferior players or style of play, it's evident.
I hope Foden doesn't get thrust into the senior squad too quickly and gets his confidence ruined by mediocrity. I'm amazed that Sterling has the strength of character to recover from his experiences tbh.

Southgate is never going to even attempt to play the Pep way, so any of our players who are selected for the national side will gain no benefit whatsoever.
He isnt capable,he has neither the ability or the charisma.

He's another piss poor appointment.

No international manager is going to ruin a player.

If anything, for all his faults, Southgate has been really good at introducing some young players. He called up winks and people thought it was premature, a month later and he's had 2 brilliant performances against Madrid and it looks an obvious choice.

As far as ruining a player through mismanagement, he couldn't do a worse job with Foden than he has with sterling and Raheem is only getting better despite that.

All of which is irrelevant really as Southgate will almost definitely be gone by Fodens time.

I think with Sterling and Stones around, Foden has 2 players who have been through everything, from England's saviour to public enemy number 1 and national disgrace.

Those two should give him invaluable advice for anything he goes through.

Southgate is clueless as a top level manager. But he isnt ruining players. The media do that. He copies tactics from other teams he watches without understanding them and he isnt concentrating on what would work best for England as a team, instead throwing some youth in here and there and rewarding players for average performances in a piss easy qualifying campaign.

He doesnt have any idea what to do with England. These two games he should play full strength with a 4231 in one and a 3 at the back in the other to see which works for the squad best. Play around with youngsters in the second half possibly but England do not have a style or identity so that needs to be sorted. Why he has called up Loftus Cheek I do not know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.