Would Southgate ruin Foden?

I actually like what southgate said yesterday and the fact he had the balls to drop Smalling despite him starting every game for United.

Not many England managers have managed to do that.

Southgate is clueless as a top level manager. But he isnt ruining players. The media do that. He copies tactics from other teams he watches without understanding them and he isnt concentrating on what would work best for England as a team, instead throwing some youth in here and there and rewarding players for average performances in a piss easy qualifying campaign.

He doesnt have any idea what to do with England. These two games he should play full strength with a 4231 in one and a 3 at the back in the other to see which works for the squad best. Play around with youngsters in the second half possibly but England do not have a style or identity so that needs to be sorted. Why he has called up Loftus Cheek I do not know.
I agree with everything in this post.

Southgate (along with many England managers in the past) suffers from not having his own tactical template and not having enough time, or a consistent squad of players, to develop or implement it. England often respond to opposition tactics, rather than imposing their own, well-developed style on games.

International is only short term, too short for it to have a drastic effect on a players ability... however oppose to "ruining" Foden it'll more likely just be the case of being played in a system that no one in England performs well under, therefore making him (and others) perform well below their current standards.

If anything he's got more chance of ruining Foden's sense of humour. Southgate comes across as a right dry bastard, I can only imagine working under him is unbearable!

I remember listening to a podcast with Ray Parlour on it and he was talking about the day Southgate became manager of Middlesbrough and that he completely changed as a person. He said he sat everyone down and told them "I'm the boss now, none of this calling me Gate, you can call me Boss or gaffer" and Ray Parlour said that he piped up at the back and said "What about big nose?", he said Southgate didnt flinch, just clocked Parlour at the back and carried on talking, and after that Ray Parlour never played another game under Southgate.

If it was up to non of our players would be going anywhere near the England team , re-calling that twat Young says all you need to know, surprised he hasn't given Becks a call

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.