Rainbow laces campaign

Not one City player wore the rainbow laces today.

Really disappointing that not one of the players backed the campaign.

Especially as the social media team seemed to really back it.

Makes it all seem a bit hollow from the club.

Would really like to think that the players I idolise aren't homophobic bigots in any way shape or form.

Vinny wore the rainbow armband

That was obligatory, pretty much, I think. City as a club seemingly embrace the campaign, but it seems odd that the players didn’t wear the laces. Am genuinely intrigued why they didn’t. Did other clubs’ players largely wear them?

That was obligatory, pretty much, I think. City as a club seemingly embrace the campaign, but it seems odd that the players didn’t wear the laces. Am genuinely intrigued why they didn’t. Did other clubs’ players largely wear them?
Just looking through galleries of the weekend, it seems largely not. Only Ruben Loftus-Cheek I've seen wore them, but there'll be others. I'd guess the number was incredibly small.

I think there are a number of players who didn't. Quite difficult in a dressing room where people have varying different beliefs. I think the armband on our forward thinking captain was the best way to cover all the bases, rather than potentially cause conflict by certain players having the laces on and others not (if true). Put it this way, only takes one media lovey to pick up that one of our players doesn't (cue homophobe headlines) because another points it out by having them on. It's not attention we need.

Just looking through galleries of the weekend, it seems largely not. Only Ruben Loftus-Cheek I've seen wore them, but there'll be others. I'd guess the number was incredibly small.

Odd that a relatively simple gesture, on such a well publicised campaign, was largely ignored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.