Forgotten Clubs

Tin hat on with two chin straps but there is a body of opinion in Glasgow that holds Rangers are now a new outfit, Runs for cover lol
Well Morton have morphed into Greenock Morton much to the shock of some on the cowshed.

well teams that were with us in D2, Macclesfield, Lincoln (now shot back to fame), Wrexham, York.

Teams in D1 that year included Bury, Oxford, Crewe, Stockport, Swindon, Tranmere, Grimsby, Bradford who finished 2nd that year. D3 had Halifax, Scarborough, Chester, Darlington. You can tell where the money went as it flooded in the game because the Football League seemed to be a lot more northern back then.

well teams that were with us in D2, Macclesfield, Lincoln (now shot back to fame), Wrexham, York.

Teams in D1 that year included Bury, Oxford, Crewe, Stockport, Swindon, Tranmere, Grimsby, Bradford who finished 2nd that year. D3 had Halifax, Scarborough, Chester, Darlington. You can tell where the money went as it flooded in the game because the Football League seemed to be a lot more northern back then.
Just going slightly off topic,but I remember watching Wigan Athletic way back in the 1960`s in the then Cheshire League.

Hereford being a piece of piss to get to, of course. ;-)

More recently Rushden and Diamonds, bankrolled by the bloke behind Doc Martens boots, faded back to obscurity as quickly as they rose.

Saw these in a cup tie on TV and couldn't believe that my name was on the front of the shirt. I had to have one. Still got it somewhere, but with it being red and white I seldom wore it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.