Forgotten Clubs

Darlington FC. Relegated to the 9th tier in 2012 but now fan owned and worked their way back up to Nat Lge Nth.

Not forgotten by me as I have always followed them alongside City.

Off to Bradford Park Avenue this season, looking forward to that as remember them as league club when I was a kid.

Third Lanark. Didn't Matt Gray come from Third Lanark. Was there ever a First or Second Lanark? Where's Magicpole when he's needed?
They were a Glasgow club rather than a Lanark club and the name came from the regiment from which they were formed, (3rd Lanarkshire rifles)

psv hulme

psv.jpg

I can remember Gateshead, Barrow, Bradford PA and Workington in the Football League. More rcently Scarborough and Maidstone had a few season in the FL. Those with longer memories will recall New Brighton in the 3rd Division North just after war.

Way back in the 1960`s I remember Barrow being in the FL.
I moved from Saddleworth to Barrow in the 60's and used to frequent Holker Street with my Dad. Those were the heady days were we peaked at 7th in the old 3rd division. Fred Else was our goalie. I remember him because I played in the same school team as his lad. I remember us drawing Forest in one of the cups when Ian Storey-Moore played for them and us getting beaten 2-1. I still look for their scores.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.