Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get a 3rd CB next summer (or in January) who can become (or is already) as good as Stones and Otamendi, then I wouldn't mind him staying until his contract ends and squeeze out, let's say, 20 games out of him next season.

Vinny HAS recently proved he can remain fit for a longer period, he was injury free from end of march to the beginning of september.
Yes. Because three of those months didn’t include any games. He’s been injured 2 and a half months since the end of that period however.

Kompany won’t be forced out. We have too much class to force out a club legend.

He is almost finished as a player and probably knows it. Let him see out his contract and then offer him a coaching role.

Stones can still learn a lot off him and we already saw one of the biggest improvements in his game which is something I believe he picked up off Vinny and that’s the aggressiveness in 1 v 1 duels. Last season Stones backed off a lot and now he is going into duels and winning them frequently.

Stones and the next CB we buy will both learn a lot from Kompany.

Leave Kompany out of the CL squad and buy a CB in Janaury.

We will see how Kompany’s fitness is until the end of the season. If it’s the same and he can’t string together more than 5 consecutive games then I don’t see how he can go to the World Cup and play an important role. The best thing for him would probably be to retire at the end of the season and go out as a PL champion most likely, but if he wants to see out his contract let him, it’s up to him to decide.

The proper thing to do is buy a new top class CB in January whether Kompany stays here or not.

I dont see a problem with VK staying until his contract ends and City buying a new CB? In fact i said we need to replace Mangala with quality, as he is the weak link. Would love for us to sign someone like Van Dijk in january. Forcing Kompany out of the club in january however would be beyond stupid. He deserves a proper send off at the of the season or whenever he retires.

Yes. Because three of those months didn’t include any games. He’s been injured 2 and a half months since the end of that period however.

He also played games for Belgium, and friendlies with City in that period. Sure, its not the same as a competetive match but he still played against quality opponents. And if he hadnt played those games at the end of the season we would have been in the europa league right now.

I dont see a problem with VK staying until his contract ends and City buying a new CB? In fact i said we need to replace Mangala with quality, as he is the weak link. Would love for us to sign someone like Van Dijk in january. Forcing Kompany out of the club in january however would be beyond stupid. He deserves a proper send off at the of the season or whenever he retires.
Totally agree but I’ve seen very few posters if any, saying we should sell Vinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.