Is it time to eat a little humble pie for Christmas?

Team spirit is high at the moment let them celebrate as how they feel and Pep feels as morale building to the players and equally importantly the staff and coaching team.

As long as they dont set the dressing room on fire or cause off field injuries, I like them to celebrate and bring that joy to the fans and back home to their families.

Very strange thread and opinion for a Blue.How long have you lived in the States/cuckoo land?
From someone called FantasyIreland....?!

I was speculating at the direction we are going and WHEN people will turn on us. Britons are notorious for getting sick and tired of winners in a hurry, especially winners who rub people’s noses in it. If you want to be that guy, knock yourself out!

Pride in battle? With some people, it is starting to look like pride goeth before the fall!

I am absolutely ecstatic at the level of technical play and the manner in which the players are playing. One thing I have never particularly liked is the showboating I’ve seen from some players on some teams, or the arrogance of fans of some teams. I don’t want US to be those fans, that team.

I have heard rumblings from some quarters that we are acting like we’ve won the League already, and that if we do NOT win it, many will be happy that we get some comeuppance. Early days yet, especially with a thin squad, a few key injuries, and a few potential losses.

Listen, we all hear the oil money BS and buying the League, etc, etc...I don’t give a rat’s about that! What I DO care about is not counting our chickens before they’re hatched and just taking each game one at a time....as KDB said on the weekend. We have played all the other Top 6 teams and won, which means the second half of the season holds no secrets and no fears.

I’m not about to defend the question any further, or provide the reasons for asking the question...they are self-evident to anyone who has watched more football than the last 19 games.

This thread is NOT about what happened at OT!!!!

This is not about Mourinho. It is not about Lingard. It isn’t not about ANYONE ELSE. It is about US and who we want to be.

If this is the future, how do we respond? If this season is the first of many like it...building a Pep dynasty, if you will...how will we act NEXT season? The season after that?

Act like you belong there...like you’ve been there before.

Hopefully, that’s not the first time some of you have heard those words, as City are heading in a direction, and on a trajectory, we have not seen before. What then?

Y’all have a very Merry Christmas with four wins out of four!

I have heard rumblings from some quarters that we are acting like we’ve won the League already

Then you have heard wrong,or rather you have been listening to the wrong source.

We are far too experienced in the art of disappointment to even entertain such a notion at this stage of the season.However,what we wont do is bow down and get in line to an enemy that has,for as long as any Blue can remember,taken every opportunity to claim and remind us that we are inferior to their obnoxious,plastic club.

We will keep our feet on the ground but you better believe we are going to enjoy our current success and status,as those cvnts in Trafford are more than due some payback.

As for my username,that was very relevant to the time i joined this forum,which is coincidentally about the same time it appears you discovered 'soccer'.

Honestly, the way we are being portrayed, it is as if we are doing something wrong. They are just searching to find something negative to report on. We beat our bitter local rivals in their own back yard, so we bloody should celebrate. It's not as if that c*nt hasn't carried on like a pork chop on the sideline in the past. It's just sour grapes because he has just been schooled in coaching, and despite the huge transfer fees that they have paid, he still cannot assemble a team that is getting anywhere near us.

To equal, and then surpass a PL winning record, also deserves a celebration, so I really do not see an issue.

A few years back it was the training ground bust ups, and the fragmentation of the squad and management that was the issue. Now we have a squad, totally unified, playing for each other and not a bunch of individuals, and it is deemed to be an issue.

F*ck Them!!! Let's just enjoy the journey.
Like a fool I log onto the ESPN web site to get all the results from the EPL, Championship and Budesliga. The crap that is published about us shows that many, many pundits, managers, players, etc., are jealous, envious, etc., about our success this season and the football we are playing. One of the more recent stories was Pardew claiming Mou is better at winning trophies than Pep - we all know he detests us and the question I would ask him is "How many trophies have you won?"
We know that we are playing some really entertaining stuff, have great skillful players, super coaching staff and wonderful owners. Let us just enjoy it and ignore all the clowns and dickheads out there.And raise our voices loud and long - tastefully!!!

Last edited:
Then you have heard wrong,or rather you have been listening to the wrong source.

We are far too experienced in the art of disappointment to even entertain such a notion at this stage of the season.However,what we wont do is bow down and get in line to an enemy that has,for as long as any Blue can remember,taken every opportunity to claim and remind us that we are inferior to their obnoxious,plastic club.

We will keep our feet on the ground but you better believe we are going to enjoy our current success and status,as those cvnts in Trafford are more than due some payback.

As for my username,that was very relevant to the time i joined this forum,which is coincidentally about the same time it appears you discovered 'soccer'.
Bit touchy, are we?

I’ve shit and flushed more about football (soccer) than many I read here will ever know. However, this is NOT meant to be about personal affront (which, of course, you started!) nor was the OP about NOT enjoying a derby shellacking.

For the record, I couldn’t give a toss what Mourinho says, because he is a two-faced classless sociopath and it is NOT about what happened at OT! I don’t care what he and most of the media have to say, as it is infested with rags and dippers and wankers from dahn sarf.

But, I do care about what I see and hear about my beloved club. As a 54 year old, who has been going to City for only about 50 of them, I’ve lived the ups and downs and am looking forward to the trajectory we appear to be on.

I care how we are beginning to look to the wider Joe Public. And, by “We” I mean the club, the team, and the fans, and I’m referring to some of their actions and the sentiments of some of the posters on here.

Make of it what you will, just try to be objective and less personal. Suits everyone.

Lets just take it as it comes , I am sure there will be a few twists and turns as there always is in sport but if we have one of those seasons where everything falls into place then rejoice and get ready for the next episode.

I don't think there is anymore to being a supporter than supporting the team in which ever way you choose.

I don't care too much for what the media might say about us out of envy or bitterness to run a false agenda or false dawn.

Similarly when they lavish praise because its the easy thing to do often without admitting that they got it wrong often in the past or that is only what is expected when you have the money we have etc.

The 95 minutes of each game takes up all emotion and is more than enough to keep us going for the next one as opposed to the soundbites outside the clubs efforts on match day.

A third title under a third manager is wonderful and if we achieve that the target is for the current one to win again and it goes without saying m number of others will have something to say about that next season.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.