Is it time to eat a little humble pie for Christmas?

Then you have heard wrong,or rather you have been listening to the wrong source.

We are far too experienced in the art of disappointment to even entertain such a notion at this stage of the season.However,what we wont do is bow down and get in line to an enemy that has,for as long as any Blue can remember,taken every opportunity to claim and remind us that we are inferior to their obnoxious,plastic club.

We will keep our feet on the ground but you better believe we are going to enjoy our current success and status,as those cvnts in Trafford are more than due some payback.

As for my username,that was very relevant to the time i joined this forum,which is coincidentally about the same time it appears you discovered 'soccer'.
Get over yourself ffs

I celebrate every win, so why not the players, better than them being seen as souless and not giving a toss about it, like a lot of modern footballers.

The players could do without that song about Rags. It was not needed and they should treat them as irrelevant.

The jibes from United players and Mourinho were treated as irrelevant before the match.
After the match, we gave it back in a reasonable measure. Fine by me.

We are just playing the best football the PL has ever seen, why be humble about that, most of my mates who support other PL clubs are in awe of our team and the way we play..
Any self respecting City fan will have a few thoughts about what if the wheels fell off etc. Truth is that's not going to happen, not this season and not any season the great man is managing our team...

As long as we or the players dont start singing "we're gonna win the league" in December, i think we can all celebrate as much as we want.

A lot of these guys are young, very young, they are enthusiastic, their confidence is sky high, they are bouncing/basking in the glory of winning almost every game, let them enjoy it, let us all enjoy it!
Nobody apart from the media is saying we have won the league already. We arent stupid. They are going to try and derail us, and get us fighting each other as they dont want one team dominating a league, its bad for ratings and newspaper sales and website clicks.

A statistical nugget spotted yesterday....... IF Pep wins the title, he will be the first manager without hair to do so since before World War Two.

Like all of you, I’m in Dreamland over the season so far, and recent results have only served to make everyone of the naysayers sit up and take notice that this might be a very special team. However, are we in danger of turning this positivity into something more negative?

We are currently making even the reddest red nose into someone who is forced to acknowledge the level of football we are displaying. But, as we see in almost every facet of life, especially in Britain, people are notoriously fickle and turn on a dime.

So, given the recent coverage of our celebrations at The Swamp, Swansea, and then again this past weekend after the Spurs game (especially the “Park the bus” clip), are we walking the knife edge between humility and obnoxiousness?

Like all of you, I’m enjoying watching the team break records, and at this point every victory is a new record! However, in the eyes of some, it appears the celebrations seem to be getting a tad out of hand. Is it time to take a small step back and, while not stopping enjoying the quality of what we are seeing, tamp down the gloating, and the social media displays?

With the news that Pep is going to be offered a bumper long term deal, I hope and expect this type of football to be the new “Man City way” and thus something to savour for years to come. However, I would hate for all the good that is being written to suddenly start to turn sour because of the obnoxious behavior of fans and even players.

We are not Rags. We are City. We know where we come from and we have not only seen the depths but the heights, all in the living memory of a teenager, let alone what those of us who’ve been around for half a century or more have seen.

So, are we getting carried away?

Are we setting ourselves up for a fall?

What if we don’t win the League? Biggest choke in history???

I’m certainly not advocating not enjoying the current performances we are seeing, and like most people, I’m running out of superlatives to describe the football I’m seeing from the lads, but I’m trying to stay contained. I’m trying to simply enjoy the performances, the individual quality we are seeing, and turning over our biggest rivals and bogey teams.

Life is good, and being a Blue today is better than at any time since the late 60s and early 70s, but I don’t want us to turn into Rags and start the taunting, gloating and laughing at other teams and fans. Let’s at least WIN SOMETHING before we make ourselves the team everyone else loves to hate!

I’ve already started hearing it from some people, and we are starting to get as much coverage for the celebrations and social media posts as the football. Let’s not spoil this before it gets started in earnest, please.

Let’s enjoy this new chapter with a modicum of humility, because it ain’t over until the fat lady sings. So far, all I hear is her clearing her throat!

It's not 'the celebrations' which have been criticised, it's 'the celebrations' in regard to Manchester Utd.

Fuck them.

A statistical nugget spotted yesterday....... IF Pep wins the title, he will be the first manager without hair to do so since before World War Two.
That's not Conte's actual hair mate, he was bald before he finished playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.