Autobiographies good or bad?

Enjoyed Uwe's book, interesting about his upbringing and football days in East Germany, and his subsequent love for City.

Gazza's is a good read, and the things he got up to with the England squad, and how Hoddle tried to deal with him!

Football autobiographies are, by and large, awful to read. Coton’s was alright though, and Lake’s was excellent. Not read Stewart’s yet.

the only thing i have brought is Mancini,Diary of a Champion,it's not by him but written by an insider,a journo i think who charted the 11/12 season month by month with stuff that was happening and who said what behinds the scences,i've read it a few times,a great reminder and inside look at the year game by game and month by month
Harry Harris...... I proof read it for the publisher 3 days after we had won it. He originally started the season writing about the rags ''final season with Fergie'' and them winning the title.... after the 6-1 he shat himself thinking ''they ain't going to win it'' and switched tactics to do the book on City. Obviously he carried on doing both just to cover himself.

Away from City and football, Jimmy Whites Behind the White ball is absolutely fucking brilliant !! Mainly because a lot of it is about Higgins( my childhood hero) some of the shit he did will have you in stitches. Million % recommend it. I'm actually halfway through Mike Doyles, but it's not that great tbh.

Read Whitey's - very harrowing at times but it's what happened and needs to be read. Stewart's book is being brought over by my visiting mate next week.
Shaun Goater's I really enjoyed, so humble and down to earth. Great reading about his mum or grandmum just working to keep Shaun in a pair of boots when growing up as a kid.

Fred Eyre's has to be read - funniest football book going! Kicked into touch.

Paul lake’s in one of the best books i’ve ever read, truely heartbraking at points how we treated him :-(
heartbreaking, truly.
Read Whitey's - very harrowing at times but it's what happened and needs to be read. Stewart's book is being brought over by my visiting mate next week.
Shaun Goater's I really enjoyed, so humble and down to earth. Great reading about his mum or grandmum just working to keep Shaun in a pair of boots when growing up as a kid.

Fred Eyre's has to be read - funniest football book going! Kicked into touch.
I just wish someone would write something about the Youth Cup winning team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.