January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I'm glad we haven't had our pants down with Sanchez I'll be a little disappointed if we don't strengthen our squad in light of still being in all four competitions. Despite our league position I don't want us standing still I want the blue machine to get stronger and stronger. Come on Txixi the weather is shit, most of us are skint after Christmas, so pull a big one out of the bag and cheer us all up. Please

Been thinking about the amount of people flapping about us watching other clubs spend big this January... if anything if we can't get the right deals for us then it strengthens us to wait until the summer.

We've got Liverpool splashing the cash, United sparing no expense, and they will all need to spend big again in the summer including Chelsea and Arsenal... so they can all shut the fuck up in the summer when we go all out. They'll literally have no room to moan or complain because we'll be champions of England, we legitimately need to strengthen in key areas and we'll not be looking for short term fixes which is what you tend to get in Jan, unless you get your pants pulled down.

Last edited:
Martinez will come in Jan as the only arrival. He can cover centre half and left back.
Sanchez was a target for the summer and was only coming early as we thought Jesus was out long term. Just because he is no longer coming doesn`t mean we will buy an alternative now.

Fred will come in the summer.
Out in the summer, Yaya, Bravo, Mangala, Delph (due unreliable fitness) or Zinchenko (if a decent offer comes in), and some of the fringe players on loan.
Others will arrive in the summer to replace the above. Clubs don`t usually let their best players leave in January.
Delp IIRC has not been injured this season until now

Although I'm glad we haven't had our pants down with Sanchez I'll be a little disappointed if we don't strengthen our squad in light of still being in all four competitions. Despite our league position I don't want us standing still I want the blue machine to get stronger and stronger. Come on Txixi the weather is shit, most of us are skint after Christmas, so pull a big one out of the bag and cheer us all up. Please
Easier said than done in January

Been thinking about the amount of people flapping about us watching other clubs spend big this January... if anything if we can't get the right deals for us then it strengthens us to wait until the summer.

We've got Liverpool splashing the cash, United sparing no expense, and they will all need to spend big again in the summer including Chelsea and Arsenal... so they can all shut the fuck up in the summer when we go all out. They'll literally have no room to moan or complain because we'll be champions England and we legitimately need to strengthen in key areas and we'll not be looking for short term fixes which is what you tend to get in Jan, unless you get your pants pulled down.
This

Fernandinho and Toure out of contract in 6 months. Either can talk to new suitors right now.
Mangala and Kompany and Kompany contracts expire in summer 2019, so this time next year can talk to other clubs.

It's makes sense to offer Fernandinho an extension. Toure can walk with his head head held high. Mangala the obvs candidate to get rid asap. Kompany can be a 4th choice CB.

Our squad is brilliant btw - but ideally we want to get good money for a few players. It makes business sense and we can maybe improve the squad too, they way I see that, it's Gundogan, Delph and maybe.... Sergio. Of the 3 we know who the most valuable is and we know there are lots of potential replacements out there in Dybala/Greizmann/Kane/Suarez etc etc

And we know the type of players that would be a better fit for Gundogan (Weigl/Fred) and Delph (Bertrand).. so it's a case of when/how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.