Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking nonsense.

Do you honestly believe it would have been wise to offer more than the rags while we are in the process of re-negotiating the deals of our current top earners? Sanchez is demanding stupid money for at least 3 years,it makes no sense to pursue the deal and permanently obliterate our wage structure.

Put simply,we want players that want to play for the club and the manager,we don't want any more mercenaries.

I'm proud of the club regards this farce.

I don't know, I'm not privy to our finances. But it strikes me as unambitious to just let them outspend us given how we are supposedly at least as competitive financially. It makes us look small and bullied by rags like Spurs or Everton. Rightly or wrongly I believe not only should we have bought Sanchez we should also have bought van Dijk, both positions we need to fill, both top quality and now with rivals purely because of money, which is the one factor I thought we could always compete on. Get those two and we'd be in such a strong position for the next 2 or 3 years we'd probably then only need to sign a back-up left back and a Fernandinho type longer term.

As it is, we're paper thin in some positions and vulnerable to just one injury there. And it's not like the market is awash with this quality available. Anyone as good as Sanchez this summer is going to be £100m plus.

I don't know, I'm not privy to our finances. But it strikes me as unambitious to just let them outspend us given how we are supposedly at least as competitive financially. It makes us look small and bullied by rags like Spurs or Everton. Rightly or wrongly I believe not only should we have bought Sanchez we should also have bought van Dijk, both positions we need to fill, both top quality and now with rivals purely because of money, which is the one factor I thought we could always compete on. Get those two and we'd be in such a strong position for the next 2 or 3 years we'd probably then only need to sign a back-up left back and a Fernandinho type longer term.

As it is, we're paper thin in some positions and vulnerable to just one injury there. And it's not like the market is awash with this quality available. Anyone as good as Sanchez this summer is going to be £100m plus.
If you just want bragging rights then you support the wrong team,we are not throwing money at mercenaries anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.